Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of selling but, not want to get raked on price. want honest sale price. Does anyone have idea of fair price?
serial AS198, less than 50 rounds fired, with Tupperware box and brush.
i am original owner have receipt of purchase from gun shop in Chicago.
Air gun Trigger Wood Wood stain Shotgun
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
I'm not a collector, but it sounds like a collectable Glock to me... We have some very knowledgeable Glock collectors here... Hopefully one of them will chime in with some information for you.

Welcome to the Glock.pro forums!

·
Super Moderator
3,259 Posts
That's a freaking sweet gun!

First question is if you have the original manual? Second is if it still has the original black parts (Trigger bar, firing pin safety, firing pin are the key ones)?

The only down side to that gun is your timing - the market has softened a lot lately. If you don't have to sell it, I would hang onto it for a better day. A few months back it probably would have easily gone in the $2,500 range without the manual. Right now, without the manual, it might struggle to get over $1,400

The parts are worth more than the whole:
I just bought the same series box as that one for $600
I'd need to see pics of the mags, but lets assume $100ea
There are two types of cleaning rods - a long slot and a short slot. Glock should have been including the short slot rods by the time this gun was made but if it happens to be a long slot, maybe $50-$100
I'm not sure about price on the speed loader.
The rear "weekend" sight is another $100 and if you have black internals, there's probably $150-$200 in parts.

So as you can see, there's ~$1,100 in parts without the gun. If you have the manual, depending on year $100 - $500.

It would be a serious shame to break it up though. A gun that nice with original receipt should be kept together. That's why I had to pay $600 for a box. I kept buying guns in the box thinking I would keep the box and sell the gun and parts but then couldn't do it 🤣

·
Super Moderator
6,536 Posts
Coming from a gun shop in Chicago, ought to make it worth more, IMO !

Reactions: kevinmchampagne

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is 100% original and i have not looked for the manual but, sure i have it as i am a pack rat and have purchase receipts from my first new car. since i now in farm land, i tried practice with it on my own and found i could not hit a tree 2' wide 12' away. so sad to say i am a danger with a pistol. my rifles are single shot and all i need. i put 10 out of 10 in the black. so guess i would make good hunter just suck at pistol. plus it is freaking loud. i bought it never have firing a pistol before. been firing small gauge rifles my whole life and had a Winchester defender for defense in Chicago. that just point and pull.

·
Super Moderator
3,259 Posts
It really is an amazing piece of history with the original receipt and everything else in tact. The collector group, I belong to spends a lot of time tracking down details from original owner guns. Glock didn't keep detailed records so understanding which magazines, box, speed loader, etc. was used with a particular serial number is a big find. I just wish the market wasn't down right now (all the markets for that matter).

My dad was always a top tier athlete and amazing rimfire rifle shooter. But when he finally decided he wanted a pistol for self-defense, it was clear it wasn't a good option for him. I was also worried about him trying to use a weapon he wasn't familiar with under stress - he's never owned/shot a shotgun or AR. So I ended up buying him a Henry rifle - good old lever action like the westerns he's watched his whole life. That gun was second nature to him right out of the box.

·
Super Moderator
6,536 Posts
Practice will make you a better shot but will do nothing for the noise, ear muffs are a must !

My first gun was a .357 Mag and I went from the gunshow to the range, (noobie with no range bag or equipment/ear protection). For two days after that session my ears had a pressurized stopped up feeling and for another day they rang.

Not fun !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks, i have learned a lot about what i have already. So i not likely to make a foolish trade or something now. I have no need to sell it, was just a thought as i was talking with a guy at work who was saying he love his new taurus tx22, as is easy handle sufficient defense at close range, plus cheap ammo. In all i have my browning .22 cal air pistol, that was a thought for pistol practice. At single shot with heavy spring not so practical for that. Does have a 600fps muzzle so should be effective on the raccoon if i can learn to shoot. I can't use the 9mm on him as he spends most of time on concrete walk and i concerned where a miss or through shot might go. My AWS .177 air rifle i use mostly for rabbit and ground hog. i now using the gold-plated high velocity which was a big change in sites as elevation 4" higher at 30 yards for the pellets. But, raccoons tend move a lot as the rabbit and ground hog often give pretty kill shot. don't want wound him, want kill him. i often can get 12 foot or so from it, but found out pull and shoot like westerns is likely a pistol talent i not have.

·
Super Moderator
6,536 Posts
I am a Taurus (9mm) fan ! (I also have several .177 pump air guns)

Lots of fair priced .22's on the market rite now.

Maybe MtStream will help you put it on GunBroker ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts