Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a slightly used 17 that shoots perfect except for ejecting brass directly back in my face. It is a wonderful gun except for the brass issue. I have been shooting winchester 115 fmj factory ammo.

Help.....any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Starting with the most simply cause of failure to eject or erratic ejection patterns, then working up ....

limp wristed grip
underpowered ammo
dirty chamber
dirty gun in general
lack of lube
broken or damaged ejector

Start at the top and eliminate as you can. Honest to goodness, the first thing I would do if you are using factory loaded ammo and know you have a good firm grip is to detail strip the pistol and clean it thoroughly. If you bought it second hand it might never have been detail stripped. Inspect all the parts as you go and make sure everything looks good. Lube it and put it all back together. Try it again. If you are still getting poor ejection pattern I would replace the trigger mechanism housing. It's super simple and inexpensive. You can get them from Brownell's or most any gun parts house. The ejector is integrated into the housing.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
shouldnt a duty weapon/glock function perfect with zero lube though? thats just what i heard.
A GLOCK is probably one of the only weapons that you could probably get away without lubing. It's not a good idea though. Metal to metal contact needs lube.

I suspect if you take the trigger housing mechanism out you will find one of two things. The first thing might be the ejector is a bit loose. I've seen this on a buddy's old LEO trade-in G22 I rebuilt for him. The ejector should have NO play at all. The other thing you might find ... and it would be more difficult to notice unless you had another 9mm GLOCK side-by-side for comparison ... is the ejector angle has been changed slightly. It isn't an easy piece to bend but I suppose anything can (and probably does) happen. I wouldn't bother trying to mod the ejector. Just buy the new part. The GLOCK price is $5 for Armorers so Brownell's is probaby $8-12 plus shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.