Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family has a tradition of going around the room and giving thanks on Thanksgiving day. I know this isn't a new concept, but as I get older and wiser, I have learned to appreciate more than I used to. Its been a hard year for me. I got seperated from my wife of 14 years, but to whom I was with for 23 years. I'm 38 so that means we were together for almost 2/3 my life. To say the least its been a difficult transition. We have 2 beautiful girls 11 and 5. The process and ordeal has been ugly and rough. I don't wish this on anyone. With that being said, with all the negitivity in my life its made me appreciate the positive that much more. We all have stuff in our lives that we wish we could just sweep under the rug, but its the good things that keep us hanging on and keep digging. I would like, and appreciate to see participation on spreading a little positivity and appreciation for all the good things in life. If you spent the time to read this far, please take a second and give thanks for something. My life verse and real life email address is 1 Thess 5:18. Which means give thanks for everything good and bad.

I am thankful for so many things. First of all to be able to keep my faith through this past year. My girls which are the core of my existance. For the country in which I live and the soldiers that defend it and put their lives on the line for it. For the police, firefighters, and EMS that keep us safe. For the freedom and rights that I take for granted. For the family and friends that have held me up and gave me a reason to keep on keeping on. Thanks to all of you who make this forum a positive and friendly place to socialize and communicate. May everyone that took the time to read this far have a wonderful holiday season. Thank you.
Chris

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Great post. I am thankful for so many things. My wife and kids always take top billing but I am also very thankful for the family that chose to donate their child's organs after their tragic loss. My family gets to be thankful for me a little longer! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

·
Registered
6,216 Posts
I have many things to be thankful for this year, both personal and, in the Grand Scheme of things !

TheLaw said:
If you spent the time to read this far, please take a second and give thanks for something.

AMEN !

·
Registered
419 Posts
My new wife, new inlaws, and all the other family members that have been there for me and vise versa. I have so many things to be thankful for that im sure we all agree on but my beautiful wife is the most important thing to me In the world

1 - 4 of 4 Posts