Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All I can say is wow... Ive got the OEM 3.5 in my 26 and its light but mushy-ish... I just installed the Ghost ultimate 3.5 connector in my G34 and its nice and light but not mushy at all. Its hard to believe two parts that look nearly identical could do such different things.

Now my G34 is a "real" G34.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have used LWD 3.5 connectors, but decided to try a Ghost 3.5 in my brand new G26.

I went to the range today and found that the Ghost connector makes for a wayyyy too light trigger pull. I had rounds firing before I was ready.

For a match gun, the Ghost might work just fine, but it's too light for me. I will be replacing it with the OEM connector tonight.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have used LWD 3.5 connectors, but decided to try a Ghost 3.5 in my brand new G26.

I went to the range today and found that the Ghost connector makes for a wayyyy too light trigger pull. I had rounds firing before I was ready.

For a match gun, the Ghost might work just fine, but it's too light for me. I will be replacing it with the OEM connector tonight.
Seriously? It doesnt feel any lighter than the stock 3.5 in my 26, just smoother. If you had shots firing before you were ready, were you not letting the trigger reset enough for your triger pull style? Ive shot 1911s with supposed >2lb triggers that were WAY lighter than this Ghost or the OEM 3.5 in my 26 and have never had a round go off before I wanted it to.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I've been shooting Glocks for a long time and I don't think it was me. I also had my G21sf, with a LWD 3.5, and it was fine. I have never had this experience before. It's not a big deal. I've already switched back to the OEM.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Seriously? It doesnt feel any lighter than the stock 3.5 in my 26, just smoother. If you had shots firing before you were ready, were you not letting the trigger reset enough for your triger pull style? Ive shot 1911s with supposed >2lb triggers that were WAY lighter than this Ghost or the OEM 3.5 in my 26 and have never had a round go off before I wanted it to.
that happens, glocky. i sent back the first rocket because it came with dings all over it that caused a gritty trigger pull. the one i got in it's place was smoother and heavier, which i liked. the first one was also extremely light, like 2.5lbs.

ghost's QC needs improvement.

that's why i deal with brownells. you can return/exchange anything at anytime :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
i got one from glockstore and it is offset to the left by a couple of degrees and it does not set in its intended place. I am returning it but not sure what will happen, i polished the top of it. I might be stuck with it. :mad:

·
Registered
66 Posts
i got one from glockstore and it is offset to the left by a couple of degrees and it does not set in its intended place. I am returning it but not sure what will happen, i polished the top of it. I might be stuck with it. :mad:
That's nice! I hear some of them work great and some of them are like yours! So sounds like its almost best to take one to a gunsmith and have them professional install a 3.5lb custom trigger and it be guaranteed! Any other ideas?

·
Registered
70 Posts
It might be a good idea to take it to your gunsmith but i have a ghost on my 23 and it just droped in with no problem.

I am not 100% sure but if i not please some one correct me. Gen 3 and Gen 4 trigger housing are different and i think thats where the problem is.

There are some vids around but cant really tell because of the angle of the cam, best thing is get both and take a close look, i wish i had a gen 3 to compare.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Ghost Inc. connectors work fine in gen4's... I have a "rocket" in my gen 4 G17.... Love it!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
It might be a good idea to take it to your gunsmith but i have a ghost on my 23 and it just droped in with no problem.

I am not 100% sure but if i not please some one correct me. Gen 3 and Gen 4 trigger housing are different and i think thats where the problem is.

There are some vids around but cant really tell because of the angle of the cam, best thing is get both and take a close look, i wish i had a gen 3 to compare.
According to Midway's website, the Scherer "should" work with your gen4....

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I will try it for sure...it will be a couple of days before it comes in,so ill post what I run into.
Sorry, but there are a couple of threads about this right now.. I'm getting confused on which is which! Changing the connector is pretty simple with a Glock. I just put a "SRT", short reset trigger, in my Sig P226.... Man, makes one appreciate Glocks! Good luck with your new connector. Mine was a nice improvement, for me anyway. It's not for everyone, but it works great for me.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.