Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to Glocks and find the STOCK trigger to be total junk. I could watch the sight pull right as the pull increased on every shot. And push back left as it broke from trying to hold it on target. I bought a Ghost Pro 3.3 kit, installed it and what a difference it makes. Not only did it reduce the weight of pull eliminating the drifting right problem the break is now a complete surprise with the added bonus of no over travel.
It's still a long pull but I can live with that. And it's probably a bit safer than if it was a short, light pull.
Has anyone else had experience with Ghost or other kits?

·
Administrator
3,276 Posts
Lots, but I personally prefer Glock connectors. Be patient and give it some time training and you’ll stop pulling off target. Based on your user name I’m guessing you’re used to single action triggers. It just takes some time to adapt to the double action only trigger on a Glock.

For my competition guns I like the original Zev Fulcrum triggers. I’ve been playing with a Timney but those aren’t appropriate for personal defense - competition only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots, but I personally prefer Glock connectors. Be patient and give it some time training and you’ll stop pulling off target. Based on your user name I’m guessing you’re used to single action triggers. It just takes some time to adapt to the double action only trigger on a Glock.

For my competition guns I like the original Zev Fulcrum triggers. I’ve been playing with a Timney but those aren’t appropriate for personal defense - competition only.

Yes, I've had alot of experience with single action. To me a double action is something desirable on my rifles. 1.Take up the slack and then 2. break the trigger with a very small increase in travel and pull weight. It's more accurate in most cases on a rifle.

I understand how a Glock operates and will state up front I'm not a revolver fan for the same reason I didn't like this Glock trigger before the kit. Cocking it and then breaking it all with my finger in one movement makes for a long pull. Then to have it hit a wall before it breaks just increases drifting off target. If you can do it, more power to you. I couldn't without losing accuracy.

With the Ghost link it lightens the pull and removes that wall. Just a long pull, snap. For me it feels better and makes me more accurate. That equals better placed shots. Something desirable when shooting targets or in a gun fight.

I'm not a purest.. I have a difficult time seeing any advantage the stock Glock trigger gives me other than being able to say "I'm running it in a stock form." From a legal stand point that may be to my advantage. Thats if I hit what I'm aiming at and live through the gun fight.

·
Administrator
3,276 Posts
Actually, I’m not sure I buy the legal issue of a modified trigger - at least not if you hit your target. If someone hits a bystander and it was a hair trigger, maybe.

The Ghost Angel connector has no wall - it’s one long pull. To me it feels very mushy but trigger pulls are a personal preference.

I discovered my preference for the stock connector in self defense guns at a tactical pistol training class. I found when trying to shoot quickly while also trying to process other inputs like additional targets, the wall was just enough signal to my brain to focus on the shot for a fraction of a second then go back to processing. Still, it took me awhile to figure out grip to overcome a low left issue I actually developed.

I know I have an Angel connector around somewhere, I just haven’t seen it in a long time. I’ll take a look around and see if it shows up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I’m not sure I buy the legal issue of a modified trigger - at least not if you hit your target. If someone hits a bystander and it was a hair trigger, maybe.

The Ghost Angel connector has no wall - it’s one long pull. To me it feels very mushy but trigger pulls are a personal preference.

I discovered my preference for the stock connector in self defense guns at a tactical pistol training class. I found when trying to shoot quickly while also trying to process other inputs like additional targets, the wall was just enough signal to my brain to focus on the shot for a fraction of a second then go back to processing. Still, it took me awhile to figure out grip to overcome a low left issue I actually developed.

I know I have an Angel connector around somewhere, I just haven’t seen it in a long time. I’ll take a look around and see if it shows up.

My legal thought was simply that they check the firearm and ammo. If it's modified in any way a prosecutor could jump all over it.
I watched the Rittenhouse trail. I heard the prosecutor question why he wasn't using HP rds. It was stated that the FMJ rds were more more lethal than a HP.
OK, a FMJ may pass through an inflict additional hits. If that happened I guess you could say they were more lethal... However an HP creates a larger wound channel causing more damage.

If a lawyer will twist that fact what else will they twist and question and if it's modified it's wide open to questions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to Glocks and find the STOCK trigger to be total junk. I could watch the sight pull right as the pull increased on every shot. And push back left as it broke from trying to hold it on target. I bought a Ghost Pro 3.3 kit, installed it and what a difference it makes. Not only did it reduce the weight of pull eliminating the drifting right problem the break is now a complete surprise with the added bonus of no over travel.
It's still a long pull but I can live with that. And it's probably a bit safer than if it was a short, light pull.
I agree completely . I could not understand why all my Glocks(only Glocks) would shoot left. After much research and not really finding an answer . I placed my new 48 , which was the worst of the 3 Glocks (43,22 & 48) in regards to shooting left. Once in vice and solid no movement. I filmed the sights when I pulled the trigger straight back with a tool, not a finger. Then I pulled trigger with left hand finger & right hand finger. All 3 times the trigger made the gun move left right before it released the striker. That is why the Glocks shoot left. Replaced the triggers, no problems since.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
If you shoot from the trigger reset, regardless of the trigger system, you won't be fighting the long pull. I don't like the factory Glock trigger, either. I use aftermarket connectors in all but my 17l.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I placed my new 48 , which was the worst of the 3 Glocks (43,22 & 48) in regards to shooting left. Once in vice and solid no movement. I filmed the sights when I pulled the trigger straight back with a tool, not a finger. Then I pulled trigger with left hand finger & right hand finger. All 3 times the trigger made the gun move left right before it released the striker. That is why the Glocks shoot left. Replaced the triggers, no problems since.
Wow! The frame flexed enough to move the sights even in a vice?!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts