Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greeting all!
First post. Own a G29 (LOVE IT) and just made arrangements today for a G22. The 22 is fairly well used. Will probably be looking to put a barrel in it but don't know till I get it to the range.

I understand I can put a barrel in the G29 (40 S&W) and have been thinking about it just for cost and availability of ammo. That said, does that also require different magazines? Any other considerations?

Really haven't shot much in 20 years...now have 3 pistols and as said, picking up the G22 to make 4. Ruger single six 22wmr, G29, Hipoint c9.

Went to the desert last week with the wife and am posting results.

Left target was wife at 25ft with the 22 and the 9mm. Far right target was me at 35 ft with the 22 and the 9mm. Center target was at 50 ft with the G29 at about 1 second intervals. I sure do like Glock!

Any help on the above questions (barrel/magazine options) would be greatly appreciated! :)

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
Nice shooting!

Not sure on the barrel swap info, but someone will come along who is...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
you need a 40cal conversion barrel made for the G29. might also need a lower power recoil spring, depending on how hot the 40cal load is you're using. the same mags will do.

good setup for economical rangetime, but wouldn't trust it for defense :)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Like already said same mags need new barrel, and spring.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Which spring? The one in the front of the slide?
correct. i have the wollfgunsprings uncaptured 21lb one in my G29 right now to reduce the frame battering from full power loads (it also functions fine with all the low power loads i've tried as well).

it does increase the felt recoil substantially though (it's a trade off). i might switch down to the 19lb one i have (the factory strength is 17lbs). if you have big hands, it might not be an issue (i don't lol)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.