Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I CC my G26 in a CrossBreed holster. I just took it out, removed the mag and went to rack the slide to discharge the RIC and the slide goes back 1/16 inch and that's it.. How can I get the slide to release and remove the round?
Kent

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Can you tell if the recoil spring is misaligned? Look at the business end, safely of course, and tell us if the RSA is straight or angled at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RSA straight

Thanks for the reply. looking down the barrel, everything appears straight and true.
Kent

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Since you have removed the magazine, can you see (from the magazine opening) if there is just the round (partially) in the chamber... ie no other rounds in gun?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pulling the plug for the night. Will catch up tomorrow night, heading on the road for 10 hours in the AM.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I would suggest giving it a spray around the chamber with CLP or even WD-40 and let it "soak in" for a bit, say 30 minutes and see if that doesn't "free" it up.

Let us know how you go...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have you tried racking it with the magazine in? I know it may sound counter-productive but if the first round is not fully seated having a magazine to push against it may help. Might even need to replace the round in the mag to make sure it is applying enough pressure. If that doesn't help, try racking the slide and checking the recoil spring's alignment.

Also, take that gun to the range and shoot the hell out of it!

CM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. Leaving for the rest of the week on a trip and the gun is staying home. I'll come back to it Sunday. Thanks again. Kent

·
Registered
779 Posts
well my idea at first was to shoot it as well , but if the slide isnt moving that could end badly i think.

·
Registered
9 Posts
He can't remove the slide cover plate without getting the slide to come more than 1/16th of an inch, and for the love of God, don't shoot it to loosen it. It shouldn't harm you as I've seen guys practice shooting with their thumb behind the slide to prevent the next round from being cycled in (don't ask me why they were doing it) but there is always that small chance you could harm yourself.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yup you can get the plate off. Just takes some time and tlc. Be very very carful with it chambered like that. I would evwn say for safty put a rag on bot sides of the frame and put her in a bench vice just so you cant bump the trigger and the you can use both hand to get the plate worked off.

Also you should never carry a gun for self defence without putting a lot of rounds through it first. But befor that. You should have done a full dissasemble and cleaned and oiled everything.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
I CC my G26 in a CrossBreed holster. I just took it out, removed the mag and went to rack the slide to discharge the RIC and the slide goes back 1/16 inch and that's it.. How can I get the slide to release and remove the round?
Kent
You need to take your gun to a gunsmith... Do not try to fix it yourself!

Disregard any comments about trying to fix this problem yourself!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts