Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Man. This post is making me second guess myself. I was debating between the 27 and 23 and went with the 23. I live in florida as well so concealing was considered but i went with the 23. Since its been winter and ive been wearing some kind of jacket, ive been able to conceal it but im hoping i can find a solution for t-shirt season. Getting a summer gun (g27) is too expensive for me. And if i were to get a summer gun thats what i would want it to be.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Alude - keep in mind that the 27 has a much shorter grip. Many people choose to add the magazine extension onto the mag to make the grip of the 27 longer. When you do this, you are at the same size as the 23 in grip length. Grip length is generally the issue people have with concealing.

Example - without the grip extension, I can only get two fingers on my grip. With the extension, I can get three. It is this reason that I buy the compact models of calibers and not the sub-compact.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
from what i read(don't have one yet) but the crossbreed super tuck seems to be able to conceal a howitzer fairly compfortable. but the only reason i bought the 27 rather then the 23 is for conceal carry. i keep a 23 mag in my pocket and the stock mag in the 27. you can make the 27 bigger but you can't make the 23 smaller. still you can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i really like it (gen 4 ) had some problems getting the gun shope to give me the 3rd. mag. but when i asked for their ffl # they had a change of heart. go figure. but i did notice a big dif. in the grip.really nice for me. the subs gen3 and 4 seem very manageble good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got the G27 Gen4, and added the new Trijicon HD sights (orange outline) on mine and it is really a nice gun. Trigger is really a lot more snappy than any if the others I've got, including a Gen4 G19, so I'll likely do the $0.25 trigger job on it soon, or just keep dry-firing it (with AZooms) until it smooths out a bit.

I have learned to shoot it without using the pinky finger, and I really enjoy the larger mag release, too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.