Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw what appears to be a good, local deal on a G20 with ammo.

I have never had any interest in this model/caliber .... not even once. I wouldn't now either if it wasn't local and wasn't a good price.

I kind of always though the 10mm round was gimmicky myself. Isn't .45acp 11mm, making this a smaller round?

What are the pro/cons of this caliber?

Personally, I would ONLY use it for range and HD.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Glad I didnt see it, I would have bought it and then have been in trouble with the wife. AGAIN! Seriously, the 10mm and the 45GAP are on my want list. Why? Because I dont have them. If I had them I would carry them for CCW as all of my guns are carried except for my Uerberti (SAA) which is for sale.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I think I bought mine mostly based off the potential of the 10mm round, although higher powered ammo seems pricey. I actually love the size of the G20, I know the G21 is the same size gun, but lots of folks have .45's, only a lucky few of us have 10mm.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I really like mine. Like already stated when you shoot it you feel the power that no othe glock can compare to plus it holds 15 rds. i have 21 sf rtf2 same size but not in the same league as the mighty 10mm. Very few if any handguns can carry that much fire power of 15+1 of real 10mm. Thats why i like it so much for one its uniqueness and power. Many use them for deer to hog hunts. If i do i have a LoneWolf barrel for Heavy Hardast lead which goes into another real of power. I plan to carry mine at times also.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i say go for it. there's been a recent resurgence in the round's popularity. i've been trying to find two g29's for a couple friends for several weeks now, and everyone is out of stock on them, including omb, gt, ed's, and glockmeister. they're backordered by two months. i've even noticed there's cheap range ammo available on ammoman and ammo to go. i can find it at the same price as 45acp locally.

great shooting round. very accurate. the full power stuff is available from swampfox, and i use that for defense. the range stuff is lower power.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nah, I've talked myself out of it.

I am starting to think I want a second G34 though. I love the OD I have with the GlockTrigger.com Challenger in it but wouldn't mind having another to leave more or less stock so I can use it in GSSF and/or carry/HD withough constantly swapping out the parts. I am thinking of trading one of my G19s toward one ... that or I'll wait until I win another certificate from GLOCK. There's a match coming up in a couple of weeks. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :p

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Nah, I've talked myself out of it.

I am starting to think I want a second G34 though. I love the OD I have with the GlockTrigger.com Challenger in it but wouldn't mind having another to leave more or less stock so I can use it in GSSF and/or carry/HD withough constantly swapping out the parts. I am thinking of trading one of my G19s toward one ... that or I'll wait until I win another certificate from GLOCK. There's a match coming up in a couple of weeks. Keep your fingers crossed for me. :p
No way. I'm winning one this time. GSSF has a new rule that you can't win more than 3!

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
I think you should go for the G20... No questions asked!

With all the Glocks you have, you can always sell one to pay for the 20...

The 20 would be a unique Glock... Haven't you always wondered what it would be like to shoot a 10mm?

I would want to check it pretty close for cracks though... I'd bring along a good flashlight and check it close...

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
And....the ammo is becoming more popular and available again! I've noticed many more distributors stocking it and prices (even for full power) are beginning to drop.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssss... Getting a Glock 20 he should!

That's my best Yoda immitation... :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.