Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Glock 20 that I use for backcountry purposes. I have a .357 Sig conversion barrel for it, purchased from Lone Wolf Dist. While I really like shooting both calibers, the problem I have with using the .357 barrel is that it misfeeds every few rounds. When I remove the slide, it looks like the Gen 3 spring that came with the .357 barrel has unseated itself. I’ve tried the G20 Gen 4 spring, but it seems too strong for the .357 and won’t completely cycle. Im thinking of buying a G31 Gen 4 spring to use in the G20 with the .357 barrel, and am aware of the possibility of using the wrong spring while shooting 10mm, but I would like to have a reliable .357 setup. I just don’t know if the dimensions are the same, and if it will work. while I can gamble with $16, I’d rather get something with a high confidence of success. My other option would be to buy the G31.

·
Administrator
3,312 Posts
Make sure I am following correctly - Your G20 is a Gen4 and you are using a Gen3 RSA with some sort of adapter with your conversion?

I absolutely would use the correct Gen4 spring with the 357sig. The springs to have markings indicating the correct caliber or take a sharpie and mark one to make it obvious.

On a side note - the recoil spring only uses the barrel to assemble the gun. When fully assembled, the spring connects to the slide and frame of the gun (not the barrel). So it is not unusual for it to be off a bit when it reconnects to the barrel during disassembly. Even though that's not an indication of a problem, I would take the "wrong" spring out of the equation and go with a Gen4.

The best advice though it to get a G31 - why not have an extra Glock! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts