Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm rather new to Glocks but not to firearms. Does anyone on here know if its possible to fit a gen 4 G21 slide on a gen 2 G21 frame?

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
It is not, the Gen4 uses a larger diameter Recoil Spring Assembly. The guide rod ring on the Gen4 slide is larger in order to accommodate the RSA. The Gen2 frame is not deep enough for the larger guide rod ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not, the Gen4 uses a larger diameter Recoil Spring Assembly. The guide rod ring on the Gen4 slide is larger in order to accommodate the RSA. The Gen2 frame is not deep enough for the larger guide rod ring.

Ok thank you I thought as much. Do you know of any sites that sell gen 2 slides? Either new or used?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are the same as Gen3. Are you wanting a factory Glock slide or aftermarket?

Brownells has some aftermarket slides in stock. Glock Slide at Brownells

It doesnt really matter to me although a factory one would be preferable as I just won an auction at Gunbroker for a gen 2 lower with a factory installed crimson trace laser grip and would like to complete it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Misunderstanding maybe this is for a Glock 21. And as I've come to find out there is little to no aftermarket support for the G21. And btw thanks for all your help!

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
While not as much as the 9mm models, there’s still plenty of aftermarket support for the G21.

Below are the first three hits I got and some of the big ones like The Glock Store and other mfgs aren’t here as I didn’t have time to look them up. I can’t speak to prices - building a Glock is typically more expensive than buying one, especially if you are a GSSF member. But many people enjoy it so there is quite a bit of support out there.

They’re back ordered but you can custom design a G21 Gen3 slide at Lone Wolf Distributors Lone Wolf Distributors Custom Slide Slide Configurator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts