Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys as some of you know I just bought a Gen4 model 23 and going to test it out this weekend and im confident im going to love it.Recently I sold my Gen3 model 22 and I already miss it so now im thinking about picking up a Gen4 model 22 . How do you guys think it would compare to the Gen 3 I owned as far as with the new recoil spring ? and just all around . Yes I think i've been bitten from the Glock bug again : )

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
New RSA seems to benefit the .40 cal Glocks...

Shouldn't be too much different than your new 23...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
from what my friends tell me, there isn't much, if any, difference in recoil from the new gen4 springs. i haven't fired one yet myself though.

congrats on the new purchase. i'm starting to get the glock bug again too lol

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I couldn't tell any major difference in the Gen 3 and Gen 4 guns. I owned a Gen 4 G19, a Gen 3 G19 and a Gen 3 G19c. I traded the Gen 4 G19. Just my personal preference. Good luck with the G23. Let us know how it shoots.

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
I recently bought my first .40 cal, a new Gen 4 G22, and I like it.

This one has the the new dual-spring Recoil Spring Assembly marked "0 1 1", and I've fired about 150 rounds through it.

The ammunition I used was American Eagle 165 grain FMJ (1,130 FPS, Power Factor of 186.45), Magtech 180 grain FMC (990 FPS, Power Factor of 178.2), and Remington UMC 165 grain MC (1,150 FPS, Power Factor of 189.75). There was a noticeable difference in recoil between the 165s and the 180s, but no function or feeding problems at all.

Since I'm accustomed to shooting much "softer" ammunition in competition (usually 9x19mm Remington UMC 124 grain, 1,100 FPS, Power Factor of 136.4), the G22 delivers a whole lot more muzzle energy and recoil. I'd really like to see what it can do to steel targets, so I'm planning to use it in a GSSF match this year.

It's not hard to see why so many police departments have chosen the G22: light weight, high magazine capacity, and a lot of stopping power. I think this will become my truck gun this summer.

Chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Chris , now you've really wet my appetite for the G22 . I know when I had my gen 3 G27 it felt like it had less recoil then my gen 3 G22 so thats why I was curious with the new dual-recoil spring if that softened the recoil but regardless I still loved the way my gen 3 G22 shot . Every once in a great while I will limp wrist it but it really hasnt been a issue with the Gen 3 line up but was concerned with the gen 4 line up and the dual recoil spring .

·
Registered
53 Posts
I picked up my Gen4 Glock22 back on 10-11-2010 and I am fully satisified. I have put about 600 flawless rounds through it and it is a very controllable handgun in my opnion. I cannot compare it to a Gen3 Glock22 since this is my first glock that I have owned or fired. I have become very proficient with it and I do conceal carry it from time to time. It is fairly easy to place mutiple shots on target because the dual recoil spring keeps muzzle flip to a minimum provided you get a good strong stable grip on the frame.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I picked up my Gen4 Glock22 back on 10-11-2010 and I am fully satisified. I have put about 600 flawless rounds through it and it is a very controllable handgun in my opnion. I cannot compare it to a Gen3 Glock22 since this is my first glock that I have owned or fired. I have become very proficient with it and I do conceal carry it from time to time. It is fairly easy to place mutiple shots on target because the dual recoil spring keeps muzzle flip to a minimum provided you get a good strong stable grip on the frame.
Thanks I just might have to pick one up ! These Glocks sure are sweet shooters .

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Well just got home a little while ago from picking up my new GEN4 G22 and oh man I love the feel of this baby !!
Congratulations!

It should be a blast to shoot!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks I cant wait !! I Flipped the mag release around and added the thin back strap . I must admit after all these years shooting right handed guns the mag release seems convenient but awkward in its correct place for a lefty lol
Congratulations!

It should be a blast to shoot!

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Thanks I cant wait !! I Flipped the mag release around and added the thin back strap . I must admit after all these years shooting right handed guns the mag release seems convenient but awkward in its correct place for a lefty lol
I'm not a lefty, but I'll bet it does make a difference...

You can add your Glocks to the header area at the top of your posts, if you want... Click "Settings" and then click "Edit Profile" on the left hand side of the settings page. Scroll down until you reach the "Glocks Owned:" editbox and type in your Glocks...

Not required of course... Just leaves space in your Sig for the serious propaganda... :D :D :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not a lefty, but I'll bet it does make a difference...

You can add your Glocks to the header area at the top of your posts, if you want... Click "Settings" and then click "Edit Profile" on the left hand side of the settings page. Scroll down until you reach the "Glocks Owned:" editbox and type in your Glocks...

Not required of course... Just leaves space in your Sig for the serious propaganda... :D :D :D
Thanks man Done ! : )

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.