Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 19 Gen4. When I assemble the gun after cleaning, I have to manually move the trigger to the forward position before the slide will move all the way into place on the frame. is this normal for a Gen 4?
On Gen 1 and 3 pistols that I've seen, I didn't have to do this. Anyone have the same issue? Or is it normal?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Are your springs stock?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gen 4 Assembly

Yes fully stock. original recoil guide, and ejector purchased 2/7/12 test fired 2/11/11 Original owner. Don't know the mfg date, or how to find it. It's my first Glock. First Handgun. Any and all help appreciated.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Like anything mechanical, it takes a bit to "settle in"... It sounds like you've not fired many rounds through the pistol. Once you've broken your G19 in a bit, it will, most surely, be easier to field strip and reassemble.

If you watch the trigger mechanism working with the slide removed, you'll see the trigger bar with a upward pointing tab that moves to and fro with the trigger. As you push the trigger forward, that "tab" dips a bit which allows your slide to move over it for reassembly.

I asked about your springs because some folks swap out stock trigger and striker springs looking for a "better" trigger. The striker spring used this way is a "stronger" spring which will force that tab up a bit and cause the difficulty you're having.

Even stock striker springs can do this on brand new pistols. It's just worse with stronger aftermarket springs. As that spring gets a bit of use, a few hundred rounds in my case, reassembly gets easy. When my gen4 G19 was new, it was a bugger to get the slide over that tab until it had some use.

The good news is, shoot it more and clean it less and it will get better... Gotta love Glocks!

It doesn't hurt your pistol to dry fire it, and that will work your striker spring.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I posted this same question yesterday under model 22 problems. I found answer about moving trigger forward under glock g23 problem on this same site. My pistol is also new and I hope EdF702 is right about just needs to break in and loosen up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help. Being new to Glocks and handguns in general, I really appreciate the help.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can also hold the slide with the muzzle end down, press in on the little round firing pin safety to let the pin go forward, then put the slide on without pulling the trigger forward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts