Glock Pro Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Supply and Demand. If there's a market starting up for Gen 1's, there'll be people who will jump on it and turn a hefty profit.

Just look at arms list or Gunbroker. People will ask a high price for anything. Because there's people that will pay it for what ever reason. 1: no back ground check. 2: no permit, 3: under age. You name it.

It doesn't surprise me tho. I don't see a lot of Gen 1's around anymore. ( not really looking either, just saying). I'm sure there's people who prefer the Gen 1's. I however like the Gen 4's. I like the finger grooves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your 2nd paragraph is horse hockey.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got nothing against people who enjoy collecting and have room In their safe but, me I preffer to shoot them-ALOT and not worry about It "losing value" because I shot It and there's something about shooting a 40 year old polymer frame makes me a little uncomfortable.
Until prices on ammo and guns come back from stupid town I'll wait patently an dream about getting that G17 Gen 5...one day.

·
Super Moderator
3,103 Posts
I enjoy collecting but I also enjoy shooting even more which can be a dangerous thing! I have bough guns specifically for their collectible value that have never seen a safe cause they ended up in my range bag. A 21c and early 24 ported are two examples.

As far as Gen1s go, A few years back I bought a beat up police trade in Gen1. So at least when I start getting a strong urge to shoot one of the valuable Gen1s I can take it out instead. FWIW, 40yr old polymer holds up just fine! I’ve shot that gun in competitions and will often take it to the range for friends to shoot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is a very timely post as I was thinking about buying one of these, they are about us $870.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,103 Posts
Be sure to look around before putting the money down. I did see them for significantly less a few months ago. I haven’t really been paying attention since then.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts