Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My G36 is my carry gun and has approx. 2000 rounds through it. It now occassionally does not lock open after the last round. This happens with several magazines so I don't think it's the mags. I do notice when it happens the mag is harder to release. Is anyone familiar with this problem and know what the cause may be? ( Serial # DYMxxx )
Thanks,
Bill

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Are you letting your thumb hit the slide stop?
It could be this. Also, it could be a ammo issue. Are you shooting factory ammo or re-loads? Either way it could be that. As much ammo as manufacturers are making right now there is some QC issues going on. Some are also cutting powder charges in cheap practice stuff. This is all boiling down to the bottom line. Saving a grain of powder on a bullet may not sounds like much but multiply it by the ammount being produced.

Which leads to my next question if it is factory ammo. Does it do it with different brands or have you tried that? Do you know what followers are in your mags? Some older followers have issues with some of the newer ammo being produced as well. Which is why you see new generations of followers on the market about every year or so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GRR, Thats a good point. My thumb does lay in the area and could be leaning on it sometimes without me knowing it. I will check that out next practice session. Thanks.

sfguard, I have only used factory Remington UMC 230gr. for practice since it was new. The followers are the original approx. 8 years old. Thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a G36, along with several other models.

Many times I have found my slide not locked back, and I find that my thumb it riding the slide release. Being smaller than the G19 or G17 that I shoot, I have to make sure it does not rest where it should not!!

Jerry

·
None
1,525 Posts
It's either the thumb being on stop of the slide stop or damaged followers on your mags. I would think ammo issues would also be showing themselves in malfunctions. If the firearm is cycling well enough to extract and eject the round the slide should be moving beyond the point where the slide stop would engage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.