Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently own a G34 Gen. 4 and I shoot USPSA in limited minor but want to shoot limited major. Is there anyway to make my G34 a .40S&W? ie. can i put a G24 or G35 barrel and slide on my 34 frame?

I cant seem to find much on this topic but if I am missing a thread that already exist, let me know. I have found lots on people doing conversions of their 35's to 9mm but not so much the other way around. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:confused:

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
9mm to .40 isn't done as often because it requires more than just a conversion barrel. The 9mm slide isn't large enough to take a .40 barrel.

The 17, 34, 22, 35 and 24 all use the same frame though. So you could put a complete 35 slide on your 34 frame.

However, I would expect you'll be able to find a complete pistol (especially a used one) for only a little more than a complete slide/barrel by themselves. If a G22 would work, those can currently be found in the low to mid $300s. Just something to think about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for that reply! Have you done that or seen it done before??

The reason I was thinking it would be advantageous to buy a complete 35 slide instead of another gun was to save money on other modifications such as triggers, magwells, etc. and also, safe space. Money is not an issue, I just don't like have multiples of things when I can only use one of them anyway. And frankly I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to run a polymer frame gun in competition - outside of production, of course.

·
Super Moderator
3,031 Posts
Looking at completed auctions on Gunbroker, there's only three complete slides but they went for $377, $325 and $325.

Used G35s sales - I see 6 that went for under $400. Police trade-ins so probably holster wear, but still. Looks like the rest sold in the low to mid $400s.

Doesn't look like frames are selling well anymore. Maybe a combination of so many being available and folks figuring out the real cost of piecing together a Glock. I don't know, I could understand you deciding to just get a complete slide but I probably would end up with a complete gun - a lot easier to find at least. You'll also end up with at least one or more magazines if you buy a complete gun so the cost gets real close to a wash even if you keep the frame.

I had thought I was going to do as I suggested for a .45 GAP - buy a G37 and just keep the slide. But I just won an auction for a Gen4 G37 for $280. I'm thinking I'll keep it together and if things get crazy decided about the frame later.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts