Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Out of 250 rounds shot today with my brand new 30 sf... 21, yes...TWENTY ONE FTF'S. I am quite pissed. It happens on either the last or second to last round jams with the bullet 1/4 of the way into battery and it's tilted slightly downward. I can't put a single round in either mag and chamber a round by hand. With more than 5 rounds in a mag it will chamber by hand 6/10 times.

Needless to say I do not trust this brand new pistol and I am livid. My 26 has been failure free since round one.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doesn't matter which mag I use. I should post up a video. Hell if I fill a mag up the first round goes in and I can hand rack 2 or 3 rounds out and the slide jams and I can barely pull it back. Something is major wrong with this gun or the mags. A full mag makes it a two hand affair just to get the mag to click into place in the gun.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
take the slide off the frame, and take a look at the trigger bar where the arm extends up to contact the safety plunger. on that arm, where it bends inwards, there's going to be rubbing from it contacting the slide.

my g29 does this, as does all the new g30/29's i've looked at in gunshops that have allowed me to take the slides off. generally it's not and issue, it usually wears to a point and then stops. in rare occasions, with the SF frames, the rubbing causes failure to return to battery issues like yours. usually utting a few hundred rounds through it will resolve the issue, and you've already done that. it's been an issue for some time that glock's never resolved.

the number on the top of the cruciform on your trigger bar will end in "-1-". this is the updated trigger bar glock came out with that was supposed to eliminate the rubbing. well it doesn't. my g29 has this "updated" trigger bar and still rubs. i never had any reliability issues at all (mines a non-SF g29) but i called glock anyway and they sent me a new trigger bar (same -1-), and a new safety plunger. haven't taken it to the range yet with these new parts.

try calling and getting these parts to resolve the issue before sending it in. you'll have to get a cert glock armorer to do it, as they won't send you these parts unless you are one.

also, i did in the meantime put in a smoothface trigger that still rubbed, although not as much. this is the non "updated" trigger bar without the "-1-" at the end of the number. they sent me the wrong safety plunger that i swapped out at my buddy's gunshop. glock's run by a bunch of morons these days.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So if Glock has no fix...can I just file away a small bit of that area of the trigger bar and problem solved? In all honesty I think I got an especially bad one and they should replace the entire pistol. Betty, the tech who supposedly tested this pistol must have not given a crap about her job if she still has one. There is no way she didnt notice this isue...it is THAT prevalent.

Could the mags be bad? When full they are all but impossible to push up into the gun and when the FTF occurs if I tap the bottom of the mag or just push it into the frame lightly the slide closes and the round goes into battery. And if the trigger bar rubbing is causing all the FTFs then why does the slide never get stuck when there is no mag or rounds in the gun?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Don, is this what you are talking about? the "dark" spot on the trigger bar...its actually really shiny. and yes its marked "-1-" excuse the dirtyness...i havent cleaned it since I shot today.

yep, that's where it's rubbing. like i said, you can call glock and have them send out a new trigger bar with the same "-1-" and see if that resolves it. or drop in the non-updated smoothface trigger (same number without the -1- at the end, it's listed as the g21 trigger assembly), and see if that rubs less, like it did on mine.

if you send it in to the them, they make you pay shipping to them, and they just cover return shipping. i think the free warranty parts swap would be the cheapest option for you. :)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
So if Glock has no fix...can I just file away a small bit of that area of the trigger bar and problem solved? In all honesty I think I got an especially bad one and they should replace the entire pistol. Betty, the tech who supposedly tested this pistol must have not given a crap about her job if she still has one. There is no way she didnt notice this isue...it is THAT prevalent.

Could the mags be bad? When full they are all but impossible to push up into the gun and when the FTF occurs if I tap the bottom of the mag or just push it into the frame lightly the slide closes and the round goes into battery. And if the trigger bar rubbing is causing all the FTFs then why does the slide never get stuck when there is no mag or rounds in the gun?
yeah all the new SF, and non-SF g30/29's i've seen have the rubbing, and generally its not an issue. the product testers must be used to seeing it. certainly, you can stone the rubbing part smooth. don't over do it though. it's easy. my gunshop buddy did it for me in like 1 minute (but i still had him call glock for the free replacement parts--most folks just smooth it out, and forget about it. i guess i'm picky lol).

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are full mags supposed to be really f'in hard to click into place? I mean, my girl who is no weakling could not even get the mag to click in. I have to use two hands to get it to click in. It clucks in easy as pie if the mag is empty. I think this particular SF is extra flawed. Flawed to the point that the entire batch it was made with needs to be checked and replaced as needed.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Are full mags supposed to be really f'in hard to click into place? I mean, my girl who is no weakling could not even get the mag to click in. I have to use two hands to get it to click in. It clucks in easy as pie if the mag is empty. I think this particular SF is extra flawed. Flawed to the point that the entire batch it was made with needs to be checked and replaced as needed.
YES. my g29 mags took some lou farigno strength to fully load and insert into the gun! lol.

they break in. just keep them fully loaded and insert one for a couple days and switch out to the other one. mine are already breaking in after a week.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
If nearly every other Glock including my only other Glock can run for whatever thousands of rounds perfect, then this 30sf should as well. But just how bad it was and to the degree to which I can reproduce the failure to me means I just got a bad one. It happens. I'll send it to them, but I truly believe they owe me a new 30SF in trade for this bad one they made by accident. I'll be documenting the failures on video tomorrow. I just hope they do the right thing. It doesn't cost them hardly anything to make the gun.. the powers that be at Glock hopefully will decide to satisfy a loyal customer and fan of their philosophy and products.

This sf was going to be my carry weapon. That is why I chose the small frame .45. A gun bearing the Glock logo which is known for absolute reliability should not have already failed so many times and so easily still. I do not trust this gun with my life. I bought it to do just that. That's it's primary design.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
Sorry to hear about your 30 - All of mine shot well, but it was a bitch getting a full mag in at first. Let us know what you decide to do.. i like the idea of getting glock to send new parts instead of sending the gun to glock..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Sorry to hear about your 30 - All of mine shot well, but it was a bitch getting a full mag in at first. Let us know what you decide to do.. i like the idea of getting glock to send new parts instead of sending the gun to glock..
Well considering a new gun shouldnt need new parts, and it's already known that Glock doesn't have an updated part that does any good for it anyway... I got a bad gun. They owe me a new one. A Glock that was made right does not do what my dud 30sf does.

·
Administrator
6,979 Posts
Sorry you're having all these hassles.

I would definitely call Glock's tomorrow and talk to their technical support... Just to see what they say...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I left a message with them yesterday....I expect a call back promptly on Monday. Ive made a video that is almost done uploading and I will share it on this forum only. If Glock doesnt step up to the plate on this one, the video will go public on youtube and every gun forum Im a member of. I will also make a video of the gun malfunctioning at the range which will also go very public. Im interested to see what everyone has to say after they see the video. I think anyone in my shoes would want a new 30SF and expect Glock to make that happen. Im giving Glock the benefit of the doubt and I am waiting to see how they react before I get aggressive with showing the world what is going on.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
this issue has been reported to death on various forums for several years now. glock's done nothing so far to completely eliminate the issue. when i called glock about my slide rubbing the guy on the phone acted shocked, like he's never heard of the "updated" trigger bar still rubbing. what a load horse poop.

glock makes great guns, but they've never taken care of issues like this. good luck with their idiotic customer service.

like i said, mine hasn't jammed at all, the rubbing generally just causes issues in the SF frames for some reason. not paying to ship it back to them for god knows how long. i've dealt with their cust serv twice--thumbs down.

this guy actually had to sue glock (and won) because they refused to replace his jamming g36 after several trips back to them (the last time they actually kept it for 6 months, did nothing, and sent it back to him still jamming!).

click here to read the saga:
http://g36mf.blogspot.com/

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
like i said, have a local cert armorer call them and they will send the parts to you. that generally fixes the issue, my friend. have them order a new trigger bar, and safety plunger.
I hear ya Don, and I will do that, but I think there is more going on with my SF because of the fact that it jams so often. I dont think replacing a part with the exact same part will fix anything... I think stoning the trigger bar is a good idea, but i think more is going on.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.