Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys may recall when I first got this pistol I was having problems with the slide locking back at times (with a loaded magazine). I now have about 1200 rounds through it and that problem has disappeared for the last 400 or so rounds. Either the gun has "broken in" or I have. . .maybe my wrist got stronger?

I had our Glock district rep look it over a few weeks ago and he noticed that the slide release lever had unusual wear around where the pin goes through the hole, i.e. the finish had all but worn totally off. He thought that the powdercoat may have been applied too thick originally, causing the lever to be sticky until it wore down.

At any rate, it now works great and I can hit as good with this as I can my issued G23. I'm really happy with how this gun shoots. See this link for the results of a recent range session: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14231719/100_1145.jpg Left pic is 10 yards, the right is 25. . .not too shabby for a compact pistol!

--Rob

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Glad it worked out for you. Keep shooting to make sure it doesn't come back. LOL

·
Registered
216 Posts
I've owned my Glock 27 for one year now. I'm carrying it as a 357sig using a conversion barrel right now. I've never had a jamb with this gun in any of the calibers I shoot in it (9mm, 40s&w & 357sig) One of the best SD guns I've owned.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My original post on this problem asked the question, "do new Glocks need to be broken in?". . . .my experience indicates that some do. In my case, the issue was centered around the slide release lever occasionally locking the slide back with a full magazine. The gun shot fine and never had any failures to feed or any other jamming. I'm still not totally ruling out the possibility that I was somehow hitting the lever myself, but I don't think I've (consciously) changed my grip. Based on what the Glock rep found, I'm leaning toward an issue with the finish on the slide release lever being the culprit. Now that the finish near it's pivot point is worn sufficiently I really don't expect any more problems.

I've also seen similar posts on this and other forums indicating that some problems with new guns seem to disappear with some use. . . .I'm not suprised, as it IS a mass-produced item with more than a few stamped parts--it makes sense that the "machining" process continues with use, making these reliable guns only better with time. In my case it took about 800 rounds of "machine" work, which was kind of a fun process! My recommendation for people having problems with a new Glock would be to put a few hundred rounds through it before hitting the panic button.

ET. . .I agree, the G27 is probably my favorite gun to carry--it's light, compact, shoots straight, has good stopping potential. My issued G23 has been sitting idle since I got the 27--I see no reason to carry the heavier 23. . .I still have the 23's mags in the car if I ever need more rounds. I'll be getting a conversion barrel for 9mm soon. I'm looking at the Lone Wolf 40-9. . .a guy at the range let me try his barrel--I dropped it in my gun and emptied a mag of his 9mm. . it worked great! What kind of barrels do you use?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a Lone Wolf 40-9 for my G22, after 500 rounds through the barrel I have not had one problem. I do use a 9mm magazine but that is the only change beside the barrel I did. It is a quick change at the range when I want to shoot .40 cal rounds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.