Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to ba able to shoot 9mm out of my glock 27. I know I need to get the barrel but what else do I need. I thought I might need to change the extractor as well but I don't know anything about this. I want to do it right.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
you need a conversion barrel, and a 9mm mag for sure. i would also change the extractor, but that's optional. that's it :)

just use it for the range rather than defense as the breechface will still be machined for a 40cal.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I think the trigger mechanism housing and ejector are different, too...
yep, good point, jb

the trigger mech housing is the same. the 40cal ejector actually is slightly straighter. :) that's another part that's optional though.

just to illustrate that they're the same trigger mech housings: the ejectors actually come out of the housing by pushing it froward through the slot in the back of the trigger mech housing, but no one sells just the ejector because the whole thing is so cheap lol, but you can slide the 9mm ejector out and put in a 40cal one in the same housing. :) (i found this out when glock sent me just the ejector without the housing--cheap bastards lol)

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
yep, good point, jb

the trigger mech housing is the same. the 40cal ejector actually is slightly straighter. :) that's another part that's optional though.

just to illustrate that they're the same trigger mech housings: the ejectors actually come out of the housing by pushing it froward through the slot in the back of the trigger mech housing, but no one sells just the ejector because the whole thing is so cheap lol, but you can slide the 9mm ejector out and put in a 40cal one in the same housing. :) (i found this out when glock sent me just the ejector without the housing--cheap bastards lol)
No argument from me... I said housing and ejector because most people buy them as a complete assembly... For $5 it's not worth the time and effort to replace the actual ejector in the housing... in my opinion anyway...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.