Glock Pro Forums banner

G23 into G32

10K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  OldSailor 
#1 ·
One of the 5 Glocks I own is a G23. If I replace the .40 S&W barrel with a .357 Sig barrel designed for a G32, will it "drop in"? Also, can I use my .40 S&W maags for .357 Sig ammo, or do I have to buy caliber-specific mags? This is a carry gun, so I need absolute reliability.

Thanks,

--Bob

#2 ·
#4 ·
I actually picked up a 23 with this in mind. I got the 23 so cheap that it was worth it.
Same here. I bought a G23 a while back (I hate .40s&w) and then a factory G32 barrel for it. It ran like a champ. Some say they still would never trust a "converted" gun for carry but given it was still all GLOCK OEM and the guns & mags are pretty much identical other than the barrel I figured I was GTG.

In the end I found .357sig ammo to be more expensive than buying actual gold and hated .40s&w so I sold them both ... G23 and G32 barrel.

#5 ·
Drop right in with no problems. If you were wanting to make it 9mm you have to get a special barrel for it but the 40S&W to 357sig is no big deal.

#8 · (Edited)
The G23 should be a Gen3 or Gen4. Most Gen2 .40 pistols don't have the proper reinforcement to shoot .357SIG.

The only thing Glock did when they designed their .357SIG pistols was to change the chamber and bore of the .40 barrels and use slightly different magazines. Every other part is exactly the same.

lonewolfdist.com and several other online Glock parts dealers sell OEM barrels. Cheaperthandirt.com, glockparts.com, brownells.com.

#12 ·
Well, I've done a little checking online. The following outfits have G32 barrels for sale:

topgunsupply.com----------$149.95 (Glock barrel)
topclock.com---------------$150.99 (Glock barrel)
glockmeister.com-----------$140.00 (Glock barrel)
glockstore.com-------------$175.00 (Glock barrel)
lonewolfdist.com------------$150.95 (Glock barrel)
glockworld.com-------------$125.99 (Storm Lake barrel)
tacticalgungear.com--------$200.00 (Bar-Sto barrell)
glockpartsandgear.com-----$155.98 (Glock barrel)

So, it looks like GlockMeister has the best deal on an OEM Glock barrel, so I'll probably go there, unless their shipping is ridiculous.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.