Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinking of getting (down the road) a g20. question, can i just get a conversion barrel and a 10mm mag.for my g21 instead of having to buy a g20. i would think it would be a whole lot cheaper if i could to just get barrel and mags. i would be carrying the 10mm. for in the woods. would it be reliable enough? if i had to pull it out on a bear, pig etc. thanks guys.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm thinking you should be able to convert the G20 to .45, but not convert a G21 into a 10mm. Not really sure, but I'm sure someone else will set it straight. On second thought, I really have no idea. It may work both ways. Sorry.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I have a 20sf and 21sf rtf2. The frame is the same except different extractors (.45 and .40(10mm) ). I know some who buy a conversion barrel to make there 21 into a 10mm. The reliability part would concern me. The 20 can be changed to a .40 or .357sig with just a barrel swap. Forgot the 10mm and .45 breech face are different dimension. If me i would call LoneWolf and ask them. They are great to deal with i have a 10mm barrel of theirs for shooting heavy HardCast Lead in my G20 and a L/W s/s guide rod with a 20#ISMI recoil spring.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1254123&highlight=convert+G21+10mm

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've seen pics of the G20 and G21 slides side by side and the inside rails of the 20's slide are thicker to support the awesomeness of the 10mm round. Not sure if the 21 slide would hold up to hot loaded 10mm. It has to be thicker for a reason, right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.