Glock.pro banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the glock world. I'm starting the adventure of assembling a p80 g21sf and I had a question on barrel length. What size barrel will fit this frame? I see most of the listings say standard size and then some say 6". Is 6" the standard size?

Thanks in advance.
Derek

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I'm not mistaken the one listed there is a gen 4. Mine is a gen 3, I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I still would like to know what the differences between the two barrel lengths other than the obvious.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
There are no Gen4 sf models only Gen3 - look at the grip texture to tell. Glock came out with modular backstraps and didn’t continue the SF in those lines.

The Glock 6” barrel is for the G41, this barrel is slightly thinner than the 21 (weight reduction) and the two are not interchangeable.

You can probably find an aftermarket 6” barrel that will fit the 21.

If you’re thinking of having the pistol threaded for a silencer you would want the extra length both otherwise the only purpose I can think of for a 6” barrel in a 21 would be if you are shooting a hunting round that gets better performance from 6” than 4”. You can look up various ballistic calculators online and enter the specific data for the hunting round you are considering to determine if it’s worth it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts