Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up my first Glock from an auction for a steal. I would like to do customize it and need some help, as I do not know the first thing about them.

It looks to be a gen1; and looking for slides I can only find gen3. Will this work, are there other modifications needed?

Thanks, Josh

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
I recently picked up my first Glock from an auction for a steal. I would like to do customize it and need some help, as I do not know the first thing about them.

It looks to be a gen1; and looking for slides I can only find gen3. Will this work, are there other modifications needed?

Thanks, Josh
If it's really a gen 1, it might be valuable... Don't do anything destructive yet... Post a couple of pictures in the Collectors area and see what some of the experts think.

Reactions: glocktoter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
all 3 SN's match. I was under the impression that all of the newer generations had the Gen stamped on the slide?

20210611_163237.jpg
20210611_163328.jpg
20210611_163311.jpg
20210611_163258.jpg

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Looks like a gen 2, MtStream may be able to confirm this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please forgive my ignorance... I thought all generations were stamped on the slide with the exception of the first?

I literally know as much about Glocks as I do brain surgery.

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
That’s OK, Glock had no idea different generations of their gun existed until the public started referring to the frame changes. Glock officially acknowledged “Gen” with the release of the Gen4. Not every Glock cleanly fits a category.

As far as Gen1, only the Glock 17 and a very small number of Glock 19s actually have the 1st Gen frame.

Your G20 pictures is a Gen3. It has finger grooves with texture and an accessory rail.

What you need to know: While Glock has different size guns (full, compact, sub-compact, slim-line), they also have different sized frames based on the caliber:
Standard: 9mm, 40S&W, .357 Sig, .45 GAP
Large: .45 ACP & 10mm

You have a large frame due to the 10mm so the standard frame components are not going to fit.

What you do have is one of the greatest pistols Glock ever made. They also make a 6” hunting barrel for that gun if you are or ever want to get into handgun hunting. 10mm is an awesome round!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
FWIW - My typical advice is rather than modifying/converting Glocks, just buy another one.

If you join the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation (GSSF) you receive a coupon for a discounted Glock every year of membership. A G17 is $425. Because of the popularity of 80% pistols based on Glock parts, buying components has become really expensive. Just a slide will run $400+. So I just buy another pistol for basically the same cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
329 Posts
If it's really a gen 1, it might be valuable... Don't do anything destructive yet... Post a couple of pictures in the Collectors area and see what some of the experts think.
Yeah, what he said.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts