Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine was telling me a guy that runs the range filed the bump of his Gen 4 connector and reduced the trigger pull weight down around 4 pounds. He didn't believe him so the dude stripped it and you could see where he filled it down. Then he pulled a new G19 and put a gauge on both and his was right at 4 compared to 6.5. It got me thinking I would try it. Worst case if I didn't like it I would replace it with another stock connector. I don't CC my G19 so I am not worried about a modification liability issue. I can tell the difference. Ot feels better.

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
A friend of mine was telling me a guy that runs the range filed the bump of his Gen 4 connector and reduced the trigger pull weight down around 4 pounds. He didn't believe him so the dude stripped it and you could see where he filled it down. Then he pulled a new G19 and put a gauge on both and his was right at 4 compared to 6.5. It got me thinking I would try it. Worst case if I didn't like it I would replace it with another stock connector. I don't CC my G19 so I am not worried about a modification liability issue. I can tell the difference. Ot feels better.
Some people file it down a bit, but it weakens the trigger bar because the bump is actually pressed from the back side. Better option is to get a new "0357" trigger assembly that has no bump... It will also have a smooth combat trigger instead of the ribbed target trigger... Assuming you like the smooth triggers better than the ribbed ones... Most people do...

As far as dropping the trigger pull from 6.5 to 4, that's a bit of a stretch... Changing the trigger makes a small difference... I suspect he has changed some other stuff, too... Probably the connector as you mention in your title...

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as dropping the trigger pull from 6.5 to 4, that's a bit of a stretch... Changing the trigger makes a small difference... I suspect he has changed some other stuff, too... Probably the connector as you mention in your title...
Could be. It did seem to lighten the trigger. I figured I didn't have anything to lose to try it. We'll see how it fairs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts