Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum but i have a problem with my guid rod if anyone cold help. when i put the slide on with the barrel on to the lower receiver and sits into channel my guid rod stick out a bit. but when i remove the takedown slide lock it sits into place and is flushed i've been thinking it maybe my lugs on barrel where there maybe to much material or could the slide lock or guid rod have to much material ?

top photo: when the whole gun is assembled and the slide lock is in place

bottom photo: When the slide lock is taken down or removed to be clear

or could it be my barrel i don't have any problems shooting i mean it works just not very pleasing to see my G17 80% is flushed with slide

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine does not ever extrude like that on my Glock 19 Gen 5.

I don't know what 80% Guid rod means and I don't know what the "take down lever" is either.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
There is a thread here on the guide rode protruding out of the front of the slide, maybe do a thread search for it and see if the info is helpful.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine does not ever extrude like that on my Glock 19 Gen 5.

I don't know what 80% Guid rod means and I don't know what the "take down lever" is either.
Sorry for the confusion it’s a glock 19 gen 3 I’m using a 80% lower and the guid rod from central defense. Slide lock my bad for the wrong Terminology

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Possibly a G17 length rod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s smaller than my 17 guid rod both are gen 3 with 80% lowers and both guid rods are from central defense but the screw face that’s sticking looks a bit thicker than my 17 guid screw face.

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
It’s smaller than my 17 guid rod both are gen 3 with 80% lowers and both guid rods are from central defense but the screw face that’s sticking looks a bit thicker than my 17 guid screw face.
Don't know much about 80 percent Glocks, but if you go to the Central Defense web site and scroll down to the bottom of the page they list their phone number... I'd call them up and ask them... They should be able to tell you whats wrong.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have a CPX-2 that did that, so I asked them for a new guide rod assembly, and it went away. They must have machined that original guide rod too long.

I only have two Glocks, and both are box-stock factory, but they don't do that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts