Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want a G19 to go along with my G27 but am concerned about how well it can be concealed with just a t-shirt. I will buy a crossbreed holster for it for sure because they are my favorite.

if you carry a G19 in every day clothing do you thing you hide it very well?

if you have a crossbreed with your G19 how do you like it?

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I have no problems concealing the G19. It really depends on a persons build more than anything though

·
Registered
432 Posts
With just a T Shirt and jeans I use pocket carry of my KelTec P3AT. I need some kind of covering garment other than a T shirt for anything else, however I just ordered the MIC Holster which I think will work with my G 19 and G 32 or even my G 30 with a Tshirt left hanging out.. Other wise I use IWB with a jacket or vest for my CCW compact and full size handguns. I am 5'7" 175 lbs and have a gut to work around.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
5'10", 185 LBS (of pure muscle) and I hide a 5" 1911, a G19, or G38, or anything else for that matter with a T-Shirt. IWB is best but I've moved to pretty much exclusivliy carrying OWB and I can steal conceal with a T-Shirt. Keeping in mind, that in GA there is no need to conceal so if I print a little bit, or if I raise up my arms and the bottom of the holster shows, it's no big deal. The belt matters as much if not more than the holster too, so keep that in mind.

Another "trick" I do is to wear dark clothing. Dark shirts hide much better than light colored shirts do. :)

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
You won't have any issues unless your t-shirts are either unGodly tight or really short in length. I conceal a G19 under just a t-shirt quite regularly. I also have a bunch of other gear hanging off my belt that is never seen. Go for it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
At 5'10/205 I conceal a 5" 1911 in a IWB holster carried at the 3 o'clock position. A change in employers is requiring a Glock 22 as a duty gun. I have ordered (expecting tomorrow or the next day) the same IWB holster for a G22. I plan to carry the G22 or a recently acquired G23 during off-duty hours.

·
Registered
112 Posts
DeSantis Cozy Partner + Glock 19 + solid belt + good shirt = carry goodness

The Cozy Partner is a great carry holster. It's not great for training, but has excellent forward cant to improve concealment.

·
Registered
594 Posts
5'6" / 160 / with a 30 inch waist. I've taken to an IWB but at the small of the back. Not perfect, but totally concealed with a G23 and a T-shirt. Hate giving up the 3 o'clock carry, but ya gotta give a little to get a little.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I am the same build/weight as you and i know we would have no problems hiding it in the winter time with the big coats but during summer i would probably have to wear jeans with a ankle holster.
My typical spring/summer/fall attire is cargo shorts and a t-shirt. I hide these guns all day long like that. :)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
5'6" / 160 / with a 30 inch waist. I've taken to an IWB but at the small of the back. Not perfect, but totally concealed with a G23 and a T-shirt. Hate giving up the 3 o'clock carry, but ya gotta give a little to get a little.
Watch your back carry in the Small of the Back.A nasty fall where you land back there can really screw up your back.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Watch your back carry in the Small of the Back.A nasty fall where you land back there can really screw up your back.
Yeah, I do appreciate that, not carrying directly on the spine. But being my size, if I wear pants big enough to wear at 3 o'clock I look like I'm wearing clown pants. Maybe I should just put on a bunch a weight and not worry about it....................................nah.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I do wear a size larger pants/shorts when I wear IWB and my wife complains that they make my butt look bad. To make sure she's happy, and because it's generally more comfortable, I've started carrying OWB about 95% of the time and I can still cover it with a t-shirt.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I do wear a size larger pants/shorts when I wear IWB and my wife complains that they make my butt look bad. To make sure she's happy, and because it's generally more comfortable, I've started carrying OWB about 95% of the time and I can still cover it with a t-shirt.
What's your OWB holster and cant? Seems like a good option but my body frame is lighter than yours-- don't know if I'll be able to get away with it.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
my body frame is lighter than yours
What are you trying to say?????? :)

Until recently I was wearing a Comp-Tac Gladiator for my G19. I recently switched to a Personal Security Systems holsters and have even started carrying it with my TLR-1s attached weapon light. I personally like little to no cant on my holsters. 15% would be the maximum cant I would want but I'd rather be at 10% or less.

Again, several factors go into concealing any gun IWB or OWB. The belt is the foundation. You must have a solid "gun belt" to0 properly support the weight. Standard belts just can't do the work. Belts reinforced with a stiffening material, double leather belts, Wilderness 5 stitch etc..

Next comes the holster. Buying a holster specifically made for your weapon is going to assist you greatly with concealing it as well as carrying it comfortably. Generic Uncle Mikes holsters just don't fit the bill.

Mounting options will also play into how well the holster carriers. For OWB, belt loop attachments that connect directly to the back of the holster, at the furthest outside points will hold closest to the body. I recently ordered a weapon mounted light holster from Comp-Tac. While I am a big fan of theirs, this specific holster did not carry well at alal and would be all but impossible to conceal. The front belt loop was mounted at the very front of the holster but the back belt loop was in the middle, not at the far back point of the holster so the rear stuck out literally inches from my body.

Your cover garment plays a big role as well. Dark colored clothing will cover better than light and heavier material is always best. I try to wear dark, heavier t-shirts or button up shirts when carrying concealed. When using a button up shirt, I also try to leave the bottom button or two un-buttoned, as long as it doesn't look too bad. I don't want the shirt keeping me from getting a good draw on the weapon...

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Well, if I wear a baggy shirt, I can hide my 23 OK. But, I can't do it with the TLR-2 attached, cause it would look like I have a funny growth on my a$$.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I received my MIC holster today and am now wearing my G19 under an untucked denim shirt. I believe I have found a winner in this MIC holster, now during the hot summer months with an untucked T shirt or a Camp shirt (I still call them hawaiin shirts) I can carry one of my Glocks. Google MIC Holster and watch the video. BTW I am not connected with the MIC holster Compony.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.