Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know as I cannot find any schematics that tell me ,the length of the factory striker as I am having light strike problems even after replacing the striker spring with a 6lb spring

·
Super Moderator
6,536 Posts
If you have not changed the striker I would put a new OEM spring back in and see if this solves the issue.

Reactions: down-range

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would need more information to help diagnose your light primer strikes (how often do you clean and lube? How long since you cleaned firing pin channel and breech face? (Some use denatured alcohol to clean the channel) How many rounds before the light strikes started to happen? Do you use factory ammo or reloads? If reloads, did you change to different primers? (Will the unfired rounds fire in a different gun?) What other mods have you done (aftermarket trigger? Recoil spring assembly? Firing pin safety and spring? Did you recently install a compensatorEtc.)

Are primer strikes in center of primer or off center? If off center you may not be fully into battery and may want to change recoil spring assembly (OEM).

I doubt it is related to the length of your striker unless you are using aftermarket or striker is worn and time to replace. You could try a lightened elongated striker however you may just be covering up some other issue. Best to get working reliably with all OEM before changing to aftermarket parts. IMO.

Light strikes are not always related to striker or striker spring. For example I installed Timney triggers in two “competition only” G19s and had light strikes. Fortunately before beginning what could have been a time consuming troubleshooting process, because it was both guns I called Timney. Turns out they received a batch of out of spec trigger bars where the fin was not fully disengaging the firing pin safety (plunger). This caused a slight drag on the striker. Sent me two new trigger bars. Problem solved. I mention this as an example of light striker hits not always related to striker or striker spring.

Do you have another Glock you could use to swap parts to help narrow down the problem?

Without knowing more about what other mods you have done, my recommendation would be to give the gun a good deep clean, lube just the parts Glock recommends, then put everything back to factory OEM (replacing any worn parts), go back to factory 5.5# striker spring. You can always tweak the gun later if using for competition but get it working reliably with OEM first.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
It could also be your ammunition... Are you reloading? If so, or even if not, check for high primers...

Try some different ammunition...

·
Super Moderator
3,259 Posts
Are primer strikes in center of primer or off center? If off center you may not be fully into battery and may want to change recoil spring assembly (OEM).
^^^ This is the most important question. You need to know if the light strikes are centered or off centered in order to know where to start troubleshooting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts