Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never understood why the masses rush to the store and wipe out all the bread and milk when a storm is coming. I bought Steak and Potatoes. I can always start a fire, worst case scenario. :)

Kitchen appliance Home appliance Stove Kitchen stove Cookware and bakeware

It did take quite a bit longer to cook than normal. I like a Medium Rare steak, which usually cooks pretty fast on this grill but tonight it took much longer. I'm not sure if it was the 25% temps or if it was the 6" of snow on each side of my grill lid. :) The burner knobs were actually frozen shut and I had to take a torch to loosen them up.

Don't tell JL I was using propane. It's blasphemy as far as he is concerned. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yeah, It's charcoal or nothing for me as well. Charcoal gives the food a better taste, IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
I will use propane under certain circumstances, but lump charcoal is superior. Lighter fluid, however, is of the devil.
You just need a better way:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I have never understood why the masses rush to the store and wipe out all the bread and milk when a storm is coming. I bought Steak and Potatoes. I can always start a fire, worst case scenario. :)

View attachment 672

It did take quite a bit longer to cook than normal. I like a Medium Rare steak, which usually cooks pretty fast on this grill but tonight it took much longer. I'm not sure if it was the 25% temps or if it was the 6" of snow on each side of my grill lid. :) The burner knobs were actually frozen shut and I had to take a torch to loosen them up.

Propane ain't bad! Lived and cooked 12 days on a propane grill and burner after Hurricane Hugo hit NC in 1989 and 5 days after an ice storm about 6 year ago.
Love cooking on charcoal,actually prefer hickory coals, but it's very near impossible to store enough of either to get you through times like this. 5 each 20# tanks of propane don't take up all that much room!

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.