Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all.

While I am a former Active-Duty Marine, I have just recently purchased my first personal fire arm- a Gen4 Glock 19 for lawful concealed carry and home defense.

Now, though it may come as news to some, most of us Marines who served during non-conflict time frames did not receive much (if any) training on handguns unless our MOS required it (i.e., vehicle operator or Military Police) OR their units CO was cool enough to treat the troops to regular small arms training. Neither of which were the case with myself. So while i can take a M16A2 apart, clean & lube it and put it back together blind folded, I am somewhat new to handguns.

I train Brazilian Jiu-jitsu about 6 times a week with a bunch of SEALs, Private security, Cops, Sheriffs, and former military guys, so I have been able to get some good basic training on semi autos from them along with a good amount of range time. I got my Concealed Handgun Permit and joined the NRA a year ago, but only purchased my weapon this week.

I am eager to learn as much about my firearm as possible, including the possibility of becoming an armorer.

Taking a look through the forums, it looks like a great place to vist and get some knowledge.

Thanks for having me an hello to all.

- Goga

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Welcome to the forums. Thanks for your service to our country. Feel free to ask any questions you need. Someone will have the answer for you. :)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome. I know what you mean about the military not allowing certain folks to shoot M9, hell, it's been 3 or 4 years since the Air Farce has even let me shoot M-16, glad I have my own if stuff ever hit the fan!!
Congrats on the Glock 19, I have a 4th gen too, LOVE it

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I had to qualify with the M9 every 6 months. You really didn't miss much it was the same old boring structured by the numbers training they do with everything else.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Welcome to Glock.Pro! Just remember, Glock's are like potato chips.... tough to have just one!

·
Administrator
6,979 Posts
Greetings to all.

While I am a former Active-Duty Marine, I have just recently purchased my first personal fire arm- a Gen4 Glock 19 for lawful concealed carry and home defense.
Welcome to the Glock.pro forums!

Thanks for your service to our country!

Good choice on your 4th gen Glock 19... I have one too and like it a lot...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.