Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didnt notice it b4 but if i shake my gun form front to back I can hear the fireing pin moveing. it dint affect function as i had just took it to the range that day and everything functioned perfectly. is this normal? if there is no mag in the gun and I rack the slide it wont do it because it is under spring tension, but if i pull the trigger and then shake it i can hear it moving around. I can then remove the slide and shack the frame and the slide separat and no sound. if I push the pin twards the back of the slide, the fireing pin safty locks it into place but I can hear it again. until I re assemble it and the pin is under tension and no more noise. is this normal. try it in the order that I do and see if you get the same thing

·
Registered
302 Posts
Sounds Normal to me..
The Striker/Firing Pin is supposed to move when it's in the fired position & if you ever notice that it's not making the noise that means the firing pin channel has some rubbish in there, I've seen brass, copper & nitro powder when taking a Q-Tip with Alcohol to the channel..
Also when you push the FP back past the FP block it still has some play.. If the trigger is in the most rearward position the tab on the trigger bar is depressing the FP safety..
I've heard that "Clink Clink" on every Glock I've ever handled as far back as 1989..

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
normal, as the Don & HK said. In fact the field strip that the OP described is what the Glock owners manual lists as one of the function checks. I'm so used to the sound now that I'd be nervous if I didnt hear or feel that rattle

·
Registered
443 Posts
Those rattling Glocks are worth a dime on the dollar. But, I feel generous and I'm willing to give you a hundred bucks a piece for the pieces of junk. You have to deliver them to my door cuz I'm not traveling. I know I'll end up wishing I hadn't made the offer, but what's done is done.

Resolution #247: I promise to be more honest in 2011.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I can no longer hear that rattle. I miss it. My first wife yells at me and I do not even hear her.

She has two hearing aids and still yells at me and it is just so dam nice. Quiet at last.

I had two hearing aids and they made so much noise I had to fix them.

I took them to a home for deaf children. Best thing I ever did. I read lips. And if it is important someone will yell special just for me to hear. Ha ha ha ha ha

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
It is normal. In fact when doing a armorer's inspection on the pistol it is one of several things that is checked for. In other words it is supposed to do that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bought my G43 two months ago, and it never made any rattling noise. Fired the gun for the first time a couple of days ago, I ran thirty rounds through it. After I cleaned the gun I started hearing the FP moving, It freaked me out. Glad to learn that is normal. 👌

·
Super Moderator
3,125 Posts
If you rack the gun (no ammo!) it will not make any noise because the firing pin and trigger bar are pushing against each other. But if you pull the trigger and hold it to the rear so the firing pin safety stays open, you can hear the firing pin move back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you rack the gun (no ammo!) it will not make any noise because the firing pin and trigger bar are pushing against each other. But if you pull the trigger and hold it to the rear so the firing pin safety stays open, you can hear the firing pin move back and forth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As an aside..if you do this test and DON'T hear it moving..you need to take the firing pin out and clean all that and reassemble dry..it doesn't like bunches of lube.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts