Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so proud!!!

I've always wanted a Colt 1911. This one is a Colt XSE Combat Elite.

Stock before even being fired.

New with my Glock 20.(G20SF FTW BTW!)

With a few mods on the gun.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Very Nice!
Let us know how she runs for ya at the range!

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
Very, very nice! Congratulations!

I kinda like the original grips, though... I think Colts are special... Don't have one, though...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

She runs great, and seems to be very accurate. I've put 100 round through it. I'm going to keep all the factory pieces in case I ever want to return it to stock.

I like the factory grips also, but they didn't look good with my magwell so I went with some VZ Grips 320's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been Colt-less for a while but I fixed that last week. Found this matte blue Officers ACP at a price I could not pass up. While the gun was built in 86, from the look of the internals I doubt it ever put more than 50 rounds downrange. Took it to an "action shoot" Saturday evening (like IDPA without the rulebook) and it ran flawlessly...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Very nice, both weapons.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Great looking weapon.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I have an itch for a 70 series combat commander.

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
I have been Colt-less for a while but I fixed that last week. Found this matte blue Officers ACP at a price I could not pass up. While the gun was built in 86, from the look of the internals I doubt it ever put more than 50 rounds downrange. Took it to an "action shoot" Saturday evening (like IDPA without the rulebook) and it ran flawlessly...
Very nice...

Looks brand new...

·
Registered
594 Posts
i actually like my 1911's more than my glocks (that's my secret shame lol) :)
I love my 1911's, trust my 1911's, but have absolute faith in my Glock.

·
Registered
144 Posts
my 1911's have actually been more reliable than any glocks i've owned lol
Why don't you shoot your 1911's??? ;)

Just joking its a very very rare statement you made. I have 12 glocks and never a failure even when tying to induce one like limp wristing. If all goes crazy i'm grabbing my Glocks and HK's right behind them.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks y'all!

I have to say that I'm a little less than impressed with my Ed Brown magwell. The Ed Brown MSH that it attaches to is fine, but the Magwell piece itself is starting to stain, pit, and corrode. What gives? Ed Brown is high end top of the line 1911 stuff, and this should not be happening 5 days after installing my new parts on the gun. The gun itself still looks brand new it's just the Magwell piece. I expect better for a $75/$80 part.

You can see the stain run along most of the right side right under the grip if you look hard. The dark shade of silver stain is very apparent on the right side. The left side looks like it's starting to pit and corrode in one spot in the center of it. The bottom, and angled, rougher part that guides the magazine is also getting stained. It almost looks pitted and corroding, but I think that's the rougher finish that has a lot to do with that, but it still shouldn't be happening.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts