Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 22 out this morning and shot a little IPSC with it. The extractor was not fully pulling the case out of the chamber every once in awhile. I looked at it and about a forth of the tooth is chipped away on the bottom. I called GLOCK the other day to have them check the serial number for the production date. I was told that my 22 was eligible for an upgrade service. Im thinking about going ahead and sending it off to them for the upgrade. Should I do it or just get a new extractor and do it myself? What do ya'll think?

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Without knowing what all the upgrade is going to be I would say send it off. Lots of times it is something that could also be a safety issue that has came up. Kind of like a re-call except the Austrians like to avoid that word. Send it in. Also make a note with it about the extractor. That way it is replaced free of charge with no worries.

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah I agree send it off, I have heard many cases of guys sending pistols off to glock and getting things in the "upgrade service" such as refinishing, new barrel, guide rod, extra mags etc. just to keep them happy and coming back to Glock

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Im still thinking about it, although Im not that worried about it. Somewhere along the line of previous owners, someone put a serrated trigger in it, which I contemplating smoothing out. I decided to get rid of my custom made shelf slide release that I made in favor of a factory extended piece, I also ordered a 3.5# connector and a new extractor. I have spent some time staring at the inner working with the slide off, moving the trigger through its motion, so I could learn how it all works, pretty interesting to me. I figured I fiddle with the trigger spring a little and if it doesnt work, I'll just get a Wolff comp spring kit. I know I should just get the Wolff kit outright, but I like to tinker my way first.

I was also thinking of stoning the top edge of the trigger bar where it rides on the connector, and maybe adding a little bevel to both sides of the portion of the trigger bar. Im just thinking that the smoother the friction service and the less of it there is the sweeter the trigger pull will be. If it doesnt work, then I have and extra bar laying around.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Im still thinking about it, although Im not that worried about it. Somewhere along the line of previous owners, someone put a serrated trigger in it, which I contemplating smoothing out. I decided to get rid of my custom made shelf slide release that I made in favor of a factory extended piece, I also ordered a 3.5# connector and a new extractor. I have spent some time staring at the inner working with the slide off, moving the trigger through its motion, so I could learn how it all works, pretty interesting to me. I figured I fiddle with the trigger spring a little and if it doesnt work, I'll just get a Wolff comp spring kit. I know I should just get the Wolff kit outright, but I like to tinker my way first.

I was also thinking of stoning the top edge of the trigger bar where it rides on the connector, and maybe adding a little bevel to both sides of the portion of the trigger bar. Im just thinking that the smoother the friction service and the less of it there is the sweeter the trigger pull will be. If it doesnt work, then I have and extra bar laying around.
I'll shoot you a pm

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you can live without the gun for awhile, send it in for repair. If you can't, get an extractor and do it yourself. Or go to a local GSSF match and have the onsite armorer fix it for free. or contact a local armorer and get him/her to fix it or ......

ps ..... please unless you are real familiar with the gun and how to work on it ... don't stone anything.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It depends what they plan to upgrade. If it's just the extractor I'd probably order a new extractor myself.

I know they have updated the trigger bar, trigger housing, extractor, firing pin safety, firing pin, and locking block over the years but I don't how many of the older parts your gun has.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 22 looks to have newer parts, and I liked the trigger the way it was, (Ive heard stories about GLOCKs having great triggers, then going back to GLOCK and the triggers come back crappy). So I just ordered a new extractor and it all works fine now.

·
None
1,525 Posts
What generation is the pistol?

One thing to be aware of is that the extractors with the loaded chamber indicator notch on them take a different spring bearing (or whatever it is called) than the smooth extractors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.