Glock Pro Forums banner

Electric fireplace?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  sfguard 
#1 ·
Does anyone have an electric fireplace? Our house doesn't have a fireplace... and buying an electric one is easier/cheaper than a gas or 'real' one being built..

Feedback on em?

#3 ·
My basement room gets the coldest in the house. I use one of the oil filled radiator style heaters that you can buy from Home Depot. It has a timer on it with two timer settings. This allows me to have it come on early in the AM before we come downstairs, and then go off after we are gone, and then come back on before we get home, and go off around bedtime. IT makes the coldest room much more comfortable.

Size is about 2.5 feet tall by 2 feet long, by 6 inches wide. Has roller wheels to move it around the room and works well. I think it was around $80.00.

Here it is on Amazon but it's sold out. http://www.amazon.com/Kenwood-Filled-Electric-Radiator-Heater/dp/B000653KLU

#6 ·
What kind of oil does it use? Does it get hot to the touch? Should I be worried about a rambunctious child playing around it?

The thermostat for our house is in the living room, which has high ceilings. The result of this is that the heater runs trying to heat the living room while the master bedroom is noticably warmer. I would like somthing to heat the living room enough to keep this from happening.

#5 ·
I have a condo in northern Ohio that has a gas heating system. Since I was only spending a short time there in the winter, I didn't want to open an account and turn on the gas. I bought an electric fireplace for $300 delivered. It works great! It easily heated a 600 sq.ft. area while the temperature outside was in the 20's, and that was about half-throttle. It is inexpensive to operate and it looks good. I would highly recommend one for area heating.

#7 ·
Thanks for the info ppl - picked up a 42" wide one from home depot for $358.00

It's pretty cool.. hrm.. meaning I like it.. I think that whole "heater is cool" two meaning thing only works with one other thing.. "my new vacuum sucks"..

Anyway, we like it - didn't take long to put it together, puts out some good heat.. had a remote.. looks like real flames.. :)

#10 ·
Well, congrats. I am thinking of getting a gas one put in my living room but the ole lady would only pile a bunch of crap up on it. So I am hesitant

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.