Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something else I was able to snag recently. To the best of my knowledge, the 1989 is the first Armorer's manual Glock produced.

Per my most recent Advanced Armorer's class instructor, the first armorers class was developed for NYPD and delivered in the early 90s. Per the instructor (C. Edwards) - Prior to the development of the Armorer's Course, Glock would have department armorer's come to the factory and work in the warranty service department. Back then many armorer's were actual gunsmiths who found the Glock warranty department rather boring so a more efficient training course was developed.

·
Super Moderator
3,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Early Armorer's Manuals 1989 & 1991

2002 or 2003 - that one is a good reference manual because they show a number of the upgraded parts and describe what changed.

That information is hard to come by from Glock now. The Advanced Armorers class I just took has changed significantly from the previous one I was at. The previous one was very technical covering the workings of a Glock and focused on knowing/identifying parts upgrades.

I used to compare the Advanced vs Basic as Basic was like graduating high school and Advanced was a Masters. Not so anymore, Advanced was more like 2yr Community College. It was more "realistic" - a lot of troubleshooting single issue problems with most of them being end user created. Still good but left me wanting a lot more.

I kept asking about upgrades parts and was told Glock was focused on identifying the current part and leaving the old behind. To me it's easier having been exposed to the old so manuals like this 2002 are good references.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts