Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am favorably impressed with the 165 gr. Double Tap ammo I use in my 10mm -- gets about 725 Ft.-lbs of ME.

I have been looking at Double Tap's .357 Sig ammo that uses 125 gr. Sierra JHP bullets with 1450 fps MV and 584 Ft-lbs of ME out of a 4" barrel - for use in a Glock 32.

Has anyone here tried that ammo? If so, what are your impressions?

Thanks,

--Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sierra jhp's are a an old design. corbon still uses them in most of their ammo. they always separate/shatter on impact, which sacrifices penetration.
That load with the 125 gr. Sierra JHP is $41 per 50-rd box. For the same price, I can get their loading of a 115 gr. Nosler JHP that gets 1550 fps and 614 Ft-lbs out of a G32.

They also make a loading using a 115 gr. Barnes TAC-XP lead-free bullet at 1450 fps and 547 ft-lbs, but that one costs almost 50% more -- $59.95 per box of 50.

They make a heavier loading with a 147 gr. Bonded Defense JHP bullet at 1250 fps and 510 ft-lbs, but they only sell it in lots of 500 rounds for $395.00, which is the same price as 500 of the Noslers. But I've never heard of Bonded Defense bullets, and I don't want to use that heavy of a bullet.

So I might try a box of the Noslers and see how they shoot.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ed, thanks for the info. I went to the link you provided and it indeed seems like a good deal -- $29/50, with larger wuantities cheaper. Do you have any fivures on its muzzle velocity?

--Bob

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.