Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a cursory search and didn't find anything that matched my question.

I use Double Tap for my G29 and I'm considering using DT for my 9mm (G26 and G17) because the mythical Speer Gold Dot 124 gr. +P is nearly impossible to come by.

I live in the woods and just a couple of weeks ago a black bear came by for a visit- he was 25 feet away before either he or I knew it. We saw each other at the same time and both went opposite directions. I don't carry 9mm specifically for black bear (that's what my shotgun or 10mm would be for) and I don't worry about such encounters where I live. That said, I'm interested in the merits of the DT 124 gr. +P and 147 FMJ +P as EDC ammunition primarily for my G17.

I tend to like heavier bullets, but I want the one-size-fits-most 9mm for both 2 and 4 legged. I mostly now carry Remington Saber or Hornady Critical Duty (124-135 +P).

9mm discussions are often broad, so that's why I've narrowed my question specifically to the Double Tap 124 and 147 gr. +P offerings. Thanks for your insight.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I worked for the police department when we went from 357 Mag. revolvers to 9MM Sigs.
I wasn't impressed with the 9MM, and I wasn't the only one. I began practising double taps and got so I could do that real well.
They currently carry 45ACP Sig P220's. We used Winchester 124gr. Silvertips. I agree double taps with 9MM is a viable option for
serious use of the light round.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I worked for the police department when we went from 357 Mag. revolvers to 9MM Sigs.
I wasn't impressed with the 9MM, and I wasn't the only one. I began practising double taps and got so I could do that real well.
They currently carry 45ACP Sig P220's. We used Winchester 124gr. Silvertips. I agree double taps with 9MM is a viable option for
serious use of the light round.
Perhaps I'm confused, but to clarify, I meant Double Tap (the ammunition company).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Perhaps I'm confused, but to clarify, I meant Double Tap (the ammunition company).
Oops! Never heard of them.. But a double tap with any ammunition would work...
With all of the lawyers and class action suits,anyone who sells ammunition has to have it together. I wouldn't hesitate to use most any ammunition (except steel case)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts