Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NatGeo has a new series on called Doomsday Preppers. I watched it last night and have mixed feelings about it. While I do not claim to be any type of expert, I saw some interesting things and was yelling at the TV a bunch. I'm not sure if I will watch too many more episodes but we'll see how it goes. Anyone else watch it?

Doomsday Preppers - National Geographic Channel

Doomsday Preppers explores the lives of otherwise ordinary Americans who are preparing for the end of the world as we know it. Unique in their beliefs, motivations, and strategies, preppers will go to whatever lengths they can to make sure they are prepared for any of life's uncertainties. And with our expert's assessment, they will find out their chances of survival if their worst fears become a reality.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is one of the things I was yelling at the TV about. That's really rule #1 when preparing for a catastrophic event. You're best friend will turn on you when his family is hungry and in need and they know you have supplies.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I watched it too. Not sure im buyin it all. Like the chick that lives in texas, if Im concerned enough about doomsday I dont think Id be living in a huge city. It even showed her having guns at her house, but when it showed her shooting it looked like her first time. IDK. Just my 2 cents

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
At least she and her husband are considering what could be reality one day, the couple that felt they needed no firearm protection will be in the group of the first encampments to fall to the predators .........

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did anyone else notice the curly headed liberal who was against guns but stated he would slit their throats while they slept if they came looking for his "communities" stuff??????

Interesting outlook on guns and violence. :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hehe, well, the world ends this year (again) right? So those "Chicken Little's" who want to believe "the sky is falling!", are at least spending money in their local towns. Good for the rest of us.

I think a good (reasonable?) ammo supply is enough to carry on as far as anyone else is going to get.

What I dislike, is this whole "Anti-Zombie" sales spree that the market is pushing! Hornady is pushing Zombie Ammo, and I just got a junk mail from 'Cheaper Than Dirt', pushing an AR-15 with a Zombie camo finish. Scribbled PEOPLE! Not clear unless you look closely, but people on the weapon? NOT a good thing...

·
Registered
21 Posts
IMO our society is an eyelash away from becoming "zombies". Not the undead necessarily, but very animalistic when it comes to survival. If you don't believe me, go to Walmart on Black Friday;) And in that case it's just stuff. Not food or other necessities.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Did anyone else notice the curly headed liberal who was against guns but stated he would slit their throats while they slept if they came looking for his "communities" stuff??????

Interesting outlook on guns and violence. :)
LOL, I watched it and noticed that too. I also thought it was funny how he would offer people armed with firearms some food to get them not to attack. I had a good laugh at those nut jobs. Did you see the part after the experts explained, to the head communist at the compound, that they were not as prepared as thought they were? They basically told her that she was too vulnerable because she didn't have any means to protect the "community."

·
Registered
38 Posts
I saw it, was a little extreme..............But my question is if something did happen how much ammo do you keep on hand or just wondering how much ammo do you store on a daily basis, cause if something went down and you need ammo I'm sure people would snatch it up.

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I just watched one episode that I recorded. I have to say, I really think the producers picked the most dramatic candidates for their show. I know that a lot of preppers aren't quite this OCD. I have to say I don't care for the show. To me these people come off as a bunch of crazies. I think this isn't good for the "prepper" community. It is going to put the impression in the minds of folks that people of this nature are a bunch of anarchists that are gun totting freaks. I sure wouldn't go in national television showing the world that I am stockpiling guns and ammo. I wonder of how much this stuff is staged for the camera.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.