Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Where do I apply for the tax stamp? Is this something I can do online?
Please make sure you absolutely want one. Think about it and then think some more. You are married to your NFA stuff, it's nearly impossible to sell or get rid of if you ever want to, there are many many restrictions on them, one goof and you can end up in a world of doo doo. That being said you can set up a trust, numerous folks who sell NFA stuff like silencers, SBR's, full auto, etc..will usually walk you through the steps, one at a time, if you want to purchase a can for your Glock. You might talk to the folks at your local gun store, they can probably help.

Here's an observation though. About 3 years ago, everyone and their brother around here just had to have 13" barrel (or shorter) for their AR's. Not because they are trained danger ranger's, SWAT members, or anything other than just regular guys, who thought having an NFA rifle, and a can on every pistol would put them on the top tier of "cool factor" folks at the gun club. After a few years of total B.S. (travel restrictions) more paperwork, more waiting, etc., a great many of them came to have deep regrets about having gotten into that game to begin with.

Please don't misunderstand me, if you want a can for your Glock or other pistol, don't let me be a wet blanket, and I certainly don't want to piss on your parade. If you want to shoot silver bullets, that's cool with me. But the fact that you're new to the procedures for obtaining your tax stamp, I just wanted to make sure you know what you're getting into ahead of time. If so, and you're cool with it all, then go ahead with both guns blazing....good luck.:D

Have fun,
FT

Reactions: G3G26

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
Cool concept, I even have a couple of threaded barrel weapons that would work with this.

Not cool enough to go through the hassle of one part, now if yah interested in possessing more than one NFA article I can see taking the "hassle" as it was described.

YMMV

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
I intentionally drove 70 mph in a 65 the other day, and at Starbucks, they had small free samples of chocolate brownies on toothpicks; the sign said take ONE. I took two. I'm a badass, but I like living on the edge. Yeah, I'm an outlaw....

FT:p
Forgive me just this one time for a real sidetrack, but seeing your comment reminded me of this current commercial, which I really like:
AmPm TV Commercial, 'Joe Auctioneer' - iSpot.tv

Chris

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.