Glock Pro Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,534 Posts
Well, since you have brought it up, why wasn't she jailed ?

Why is she still not jailed ?

The current POTUS is no more above the law than you or I or her .... Drain the Swamp !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Apparently there was insufficient evidence against Clinton and her email debacle, no evidence of intent to betray or harm the United States government according to the FBI and DOJ as well as(R)Trey Gowdy and his investigation committee therefore no indictments . Keep in mind the investigation on her was nearly two years long. However this current president has a predilection to publicly humiliate and make false accusations against our own top law enforcement agencies just because he has continually did or tried hiding something in his background that has come back to bite him in the butt. If you really want to drain the swamp then start at the top and work down!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
You are comparing two situations with their own nuances and acting like they are identical and that we should view them the exact same. That is a logical flaw.

And as for your position on Hillary, the statute specifically has no mens rea and does not require intent. So the excuse that she had no intent really isn't relevant if one follows the law.

But this whole thread is one big strawman since you are putting forth a group of people "law and order people", acting like they are all the same monolithic group without dissension, and assuming they not only all feel the same way about the Hillary case as they do about the Trump case. The reality is that you are generalizing a large, diverse group of people and making false assumptions about their positions and reasons for those positions.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
From what I understand about the Clinton situation was that the FBI found no cause for indictment and that she was incompetent on the rules and guide lines on the use of emails while in her position of sec. of state, was she being dishonest and feigning ignorance during the hearings and investigations? I honestly don't know or care because she is not the president furthermore she and her situation isn't germane to this thread that being said and hopefully laid to rest! The thread is about the president and his verbal, public assault on the DOJ and FBI for doing their jobs and this isn't an assumption or generalization but fact pure and simple and it wasn't done once or twice but on numerous occasions and so far the only ones who have not heard the president's diatribes against the heads of these departments are either dead or in an alternate reality, if anything the strawman may and I say again may be the reasons that this president has given for his anger and open hostility towards these departments.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Apparently there was insufficient evidence against Clinton and her email debacle, no evidence of intent to betray or harm the United States government according to the FBI
Intent has nothing to do with the law she broke and neither does ignorance. She was found with classified emails on her private server, end of story, she broke the law and her party let her slide. At the very least it should cost her security clearance.

On another note where is the Freedom of information act material you said you received?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Ohgaz, Clinton and her emails are for other threads not here regardless of what you or I think she wasn't convicted so that is a dead issue too me, you do have a point about her losing her security clearance however the current administration should be cited as well for their security lapses . Keep in mind that she was investigated for close to two years by the dept. of justice and FBI and god knows how many subcommittees, if you truly believe that she is guilty more power to you brother. Now back to the focus of this thread and your question.
HOW TO FILE A FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST? go to
( www.bettergov.org/how to file a FOIA) from here all you have to do is follow the directions and as I stated once before you can also check politifcacts as well.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Maybe you should do what I did and request information on that subject under the freedom of information act instead of getting this information from questionable sources such as the rightwing publications such as the nation or whatever that other one is , I might as well get my information from msnbc or fox or even bright bart, regardless the issue is the president and his childish, unrelenting tirade and belittlement of the justice department and FBI he is doing more damage to those departments then the Russians in their wildest dreams ever could! this is an undeniable fact that all news station have continually reported. I am at a loss as to why you are siding with trump on this shameful act!?
Where is this information you said you already requested? It proves my point of view as wrong according to you.

·
Super Moderator
6,534 Posts
so far the only ones who have not heard the president's diatribes against the heads of these departments are either dead or in an alternate reality
The emails are a small part of the deception perpetrated on the citizenship !

Follow the dead bodies behind the Clinton Foundation !

What about Benghazi ?

Why were the people with the money (Soros) trying so hard to shove her down our throats ?

Just because she is not the POTUS does not release her from the responsibility of these issues, 2 year investigations or not ! ! !

This is ALL about the sitting president, and those who strive to undermine his term to which he WAS voted into by the faction tired of the antics of the self anointed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
This thread is about law enforcement, if you wish to continue the debate about the Clintons then we need to thread it in the off topics section if it has not been done already. My concern is that the president is destroying the reputation of the FBI and DOJ our top law enforcement agencies just because of the investigations maybe this investigation would not have even taken place if he would have given freely any information requested by either department but just like the Clintons he would rather lie to the public and cry foul when he is caught in one lie after another then blame everyone else. Remember he selected the heads of these departments maybe thinking that they would give their complete loyalty to him instead of to their oath of office and the United States. Publicly humiliating these agencies is just plain wrong!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
This thread is about law enforcement, if you wish to continue the debate about the Clintons then we need to thread it in the off topics section if it has not been done already. My concern is that the president is destroying the reputation of the FBI and DOJ our top law enforcement agencies just because of the investigations maybe this investigation would not have even taken place if he would have given freely any information requested by either department but just like the Clintons he would rather lie to the public and cry foul when he is caught in one lie after another then blame everyone else. Remember he selected the heads of these departments maybe thinking that they would give their complete loyalty to him instead of to their oath of office and the United States. Publicly humiliating these agencies is just plain wrong!
If you can't produce the information you said you already have, man up and say so. Which thread you post it in is up to you but you are the one that said in this thread you had the proof in a Freedom of Information Act request, not me.

It's the actions of the agents that is harming the FBI and DOJ's reputation, not what Trump says. Just like it's your insistence that my point of view is incorrect and you have the information to prove me wrong but won't post the material.

In the same way, your actions make me question your honesty in this post, not the words of other posters that have a history with you, it appears, from another site.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
OHgas, I have given you the directions and website on where to get the information so stop with the pretense of deflection, I given you the website now stop being dense and do the homework file the request (just like I did) and FOLLOW the directions. And if you are really interested instead of showboating then go to POLITIFACTS WEBSITE as well. who are these people you say are ruining the FBI and justice department reputation? You stated that I have been on another website?

·
Super Moderator
6,534 Posts
So we are only supposed to focus on the current problems with the POTUS and the FBI/etc and ignore the past debacle of their ability to conduct proper investigations ?

Sems like the kettle calling the pot black imo ....

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Before I answer your question Otintx, I would like to apologize to any who have felt that I have insulted them during this discussion and it wasn't my intention to let this debate turn into a back alley literary brawl and should have realize that this is a hot button issue that engorges on emotions from both sides of the subject:eek:
Otintx , I have given your question a lot of thought and remember that the FBI have some pretty dark marks against them for instance, during the civil rights movement and the secret surveillance of I think Martin Luther King and or Malcolm X or the confidential files on president John F. Kennedy and his love affairs, no doubt down through its history both the Dept. of Justice and the FBI became willing pawns in the political entanglements of both parties but to me it seemed that back then people cared more for the image of the presidency and the integrity of those two departments so any political damaging publicity was strictly - for the most part- kept in house for the sake of the reputation of the United States and the confidence of the American people, we the people can protest publicly about different aspects our government because we elected them however the president should handle any disagreements with these department in a more discreet and professional manner whether replacing the head of the two departments or calling either one on the carpet for any real misdeeds of its members (agents or others) questioning their integrity in a public tirade over and over again is simply bad for public morale; The screaming, cussing and verbal butt kicking should be done in house and the decisions and judgments on those decisions will come to public revelation through the media without the president's very public emotional outbursts and accusations. if the problems are ligit then handle but do it like grown up savvy professionals and not spoil little kids.

·
Super Moderator
6,534 Posts
it seemed that back then people cared more for the image of the presidency and the integrity of those two departments so any political damaging publicity was strictly - for the most part- kept in house for the sake of the reputation of the United States and the confidence of the American people,
This does not in any way indicate that the current Administration for whichever time period was not carrying on as the previous or the next !

One word does come to mind though, TRANSPARENCY, no doubt many in the swamp would like to see that one removed from our vocabulary.

Fwiw, I Admin/Mod on several sites where the discussions are much more biased and heated, I do not have a problem with your approach or delivery.

discussion is good ummmkay ?

·
Banned
509 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
SCmasterblaster, I agree 100% with you on both points, the president should drop his twitter account and no law enforcement agencies should be above the law or scrutiny. However the point I am trying to make is that the FBI, dept. of justice and other intelligence agencies have rules and regulations and oversight committees run by congress and there are procedures and proper channels to lodge or make a complaint thru. Public humiliation of these departments thru the press and twitter accounts is not the way any president should vent his frustrations and or accusations because it is unprofessional and frankly any embarrassment to the country! I do however understand his feelings, I know I would too feel frustrated and angry, who wouldn't? But he is the president and what he says carries a lot of weight with the whole world watching us!

·
Banned
509 Posts
SCmasterblaster, I agree 100% with you on both points, the president should drop his twitter account and no law enforcement agencies should be above the law or scrutiny. However the point I am trying to make is that the FBI, dept. of justice and other intelligence agencies have rules and regulations and oversight committees run by congress and there are procedures and proper channels to lodge or make a complaint thru. Public humiliation of these departments thru the press and twitter accounts is not the way any president should vent his frustrations and or accusations because it is unprofessional and frankly any embarrassment to the country! I do however understand his feelings, I know I would too feel frustrated and angry, who wouldn't? But he is the .and what he says carries a lot of weight with the whole world watching us!
Right on, bro

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.