Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case you have been vacationing on the moon , in the news lately the Federal Bureau of investigation aka the FBI has been maligned, accused of partisan politics, witch hunts and low morale by our own congressmen, senators and even the president himself! Its one thing to critique the bureau in a professional and procedural manner in accordance with the department of justice guidelines but it's another thing when the department is singled out for trying to do their jobs and is dragged through the mud in the PRESS by our very own congressmen and president !
How can the president state that he is 100% behind law enforcement even go to a training for law enforcement graduation then 48 hours later the president and certain members of both houses of Congress are publicly humiliating the FBI with name calling, accusations and threats! Is it not the job of the FBI to investigate and weed out threats regardless of political affiliation, both foreign or domestic? If this is the case then these brave men and women are just doing their job for the safety and security
For the United States

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
The actions of the FBI seem to be questionable and partisan.
On a different note I do wish our president would drop his twitter account. I understand it's his way of getting to his base but he has a tendency to post before thinking.

The FBI or any law enforcement should not be above scrutiny.

Gaz

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too true and sad to say some have failed to put country and service above political affiliation and none are above the law that being said the Dept. of Justice and the FBI directors and other high level officials should be selected based upon their abilities, experiences in law enforcement and dedication, and NOT on political affiliations. In just my opinion the selection process has become way too political, there should never be anyway that a president or anyone else should hold sway over any investigations once they have begun and until they have reached some conclusion no attorney general, FBI director or lowly agent/ lawyer should be in fear that their careers and or reputation is in danger from their boss sitting in the white house. Jeff Session did the right thing when he recused himself (should have resigned for the integrity of the justice department) and James Comey should have stepped down or got fired the minute he felt the political push to have the FBI interfere in the united states electoral process however because neither of these men could rise to the occasion look at the mess we have now:mad:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the attorney General for or against his own people, how can the head of the dept of justice speak of being non partisan but fail to protect the integrity of the people in the FBI from the president wild accusations and slanderous ravings? These men and women do more then play golf and tweet or brag about how fantastic they are , these people put their lives on the line for the ideals, liberty and lives of their fellow Americans . Mr. Sessions is smart and knows the law but is weak as a leader.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
They are not there for their ideals. They are to uphold the law. When they let their personal political views interfere with their duties, as it appears some did, then the AG should take the legal action required. When they act in this manner THEY are the ones that damage the FBI's integrity not the president or the AG. The AG's job to enforce the law and ensure the integrity of nations top law enforcement group. Not that of individual agents. They protect their integrity by doing the job properly.
Reports out today makes your comment about "wild accusations and slanderous ravings" far from accurate.

Gaz

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
On the contrary it is very accurate, the president along with others in his administration have went out of their way previously and continues even now to publicly belittle, humiliate and denigrate the heads of the department of justice and FBI. The current administration suppose to be so pro law enforcement and heaped tons of praise on the former head of the FBI and his pick for attorney general when the departments were investigating the Clintons however when the exact same departments begin to investigate different members of the current administration then the very integrity of the FBI and justice department was called into question and rumors of "Deep state , fake news and rogue agents" are now the praises the president heaps on the FBI and justice department ! Go figure

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Our government is not being run by the people for the people anymore, has not been for a long time.

Follow the money !

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Our government is not being run by the people for the people anymore, has not been for a long time.

Follow the money !
Most definitely

Reactions: Otintx

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
President Trump called himself "the law and order " candidate and with a lot of the Republican party boasted about being the living embodiment of support for ALL law enforcement agencies and that no one else could muster the support for these agencies like them. That was just last year however it seems that those same die hard supporters are now their harshest critics and I don't think that the FBI, DOJ and Mueller and his investigation team is feeling the love anymore, what a difference a year makes.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The law isn't there so we can pick and choose which ones to enforce. Same is the Constitutional Amendments. It's okay to take away gun rights and free speech, but never touch others?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In 2015 senator Ted Cruz chaired a committee titled "the war on law enforcement and how those in the federal government undermines state and local law enforcement " Cruz opinioned that scrutiny and or criticism would be detrimental to law enforcement agencies and that no one in the federal government should publicly critique our agencies. Where oh where is the good senator Ted Cruz now !? haven't heard a peep out of him , where is his vocal support now in 2018?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
President Trump called himself "the law and order " candidate and with a lot of the Republican party boasted about being the living embodiment of support for ALL law enforcement agencies and that no one else could muster the support for these agencies like them. That was just last year however it seems that those same die hard supporters are now their harshest critics and I don't think that the FBI, DOJ and Mueller and his investigation team is feeling the love anymore, what a difference a year makes.
So you feel law enforcement gets a pass even when they let their personal bias interfere with their duties?
The president and the AG have to keep quiet about any law enforcement wrong doing?
That will lead to the public mistrusting law enforcement and the president. Basically what the last 8 years did.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I said it once but I will say it again, as long as the department of justice and FBI was all over the Clintons the so called law and order republicans were behind these agencies with all their political muscle parading themselves as the only true supporters of truth, justice and the American way! How many times did this president heap loving praise on the FBI in general and a lot on James Comey in particular, in the Donald eyes James was a saint and could do no wrong and the dept. of justice was now headed by Jeff Sessions whom the president also praised as well. but now a year later the president along with conspiracy wing nuts are publicly trashing both departments with rumors of corruption, charges of malfeasance , a evil cabal of agents and supervisors planning on over throwing the federal government (Yikes!) and secret deep state guys with decoder rings too! true a couple of agents allowed their personal feelings for each other and the president to make them act stupid but Mueller quickly had them removed so not to taint the FBI or the investigation. Imagine for a moment what would have happen if Obama acted like Donald trump when it was brought to light that some of the secret service agents were having affairs with prostitutes instead of doing their jobs, what would some of you super conservatives have said and done if he would have publicly tried to discredit and trash the entire secret service dept. with silly conspiracy rumors and tweet about how corrupt the service was just because of a few blue blooded americans couldn't think past their sex drive, I can only imagine the screams of the law and order type republicans rushing in to protect the honor and integrity of secret service and they would have really went after Obama and the birthers would have had a field day with self righteous anger

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
While I do not bother myself with who said what/who did what, my concern is for the overall well being of my country. It is ill and has been for some time, we are past a one/two term "fix" unless EVERY ONE is held accountable and NO ONE is above the law.

The present administration seems to favor this ideal but not follow it to the letter.

There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law !

Politics/money/favors ~ in that order.

Drain the swamp !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I agree that the country has been going off the reservation for quite some time wether too far to the left or right, everyone thinks that their party ideals are the best for the country and there is no other way, cooperating is now a bad word unfortunately, and you and I agree that no one is above the constitution or law if you want to drain the swamp then start at the top and work down then find people with proven dedication to the country above party loyalty.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
While I do not bother myself with who said what/who did what, my concern is for the overall well being of my country. It is ill and has been for some time, we are past a one/two term "fix" unless EVERY ONE is held accountable and NO ONE is above the law.

The present administration seems to favor this ideal but not follow it to the letter.

There is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law !

Politics/money/favors ~ in that order.

Drain the swamp !

My point exactly. Thank you for stating it better than I could.

Gaz

·
Registered
2,773 Posts

Follow the money !
Agreed!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am concerned that this president because or his total lack of understanding of separation of powers within the federal government is pushing us towards an constitutional crisis, he need to understand that the FBI nor the department of justice are at his whimsical beck and call , true he can hire and fire the heads of these departments but he can't force them to take an oath of loyalty to him instead of to the oath of office. Just take a look at Jeff Sessions, this poor deluded man is trying his damn best to be loyal to trump and run the doj and is spectacularly failing at both endeavors.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The public humiliating of our department of justice and FBI continues unabated, the president along with others in his administration and the Republican party seems determined to use any means necessary in order to stop any investigations and if that means destroying the integrity of the men and women in the FBI then this administration will do it! All the law and order republicans are no longer supporting our great institutions or the people they themselves put in those leadership positions.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The war on the department of justice and the FBI continues unabated with the president and many of the so called " law and order" republicans joining in with publicly questioning the integrity of the attorney general, deputy director and the new FBI director. The accusations of treason, deep state cabals and trying to bring down this administration is just plain paranoia and untrue. For some reason this president thinks that these two departments are there to protect him instead of protecting the United States and its citizens from foreign and domestic enemies who are hell bent on destroying our great democracy from within by turning us against one another and the institutions that protect us. I am deeply concerned that they are succeeding in that one aspect!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts