Glock Pro Forums banner

Does Glock Recommend CLP Break Free?

32K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  __jb 
Please humor another Newb's question.
I first used Breakfree (aerosol) when I bought my Kahr CW9 from a local FFL. He told me to clean the gun with it and lube it with it also. He said it worked great on Stainless Steel, prevented galling. Since then I've put away my Hoppe's #9 and used Breakfree on all my guns to clean and lube. After lubing and a slight wipe down, I stand the Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun barrel down overnight. I then wipe down any excess including the bore, (of course). I've read the Sticky on Lubing the Glock...showing very particular spots where lube is applied. I've also read that some use Breakfree.
Is the Breakfree applied to just those particular spots? Or applied everywhere for lube and corrosion protection?
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse subject...just trying to make sure I treat my new G26 so it will stay happy.
Yeah, when I got home from shooting the G26 for the first time, I cleaned and lubed it the way I described above. If I need to get some grease into the sweet spot, or dry the whole gun and lube it only in the Sticky Thread spots, please let me know.
As far as gun life, I intend to keep all my guns in excellent condition and pass them on to my Sons. I've got a 12 ga. Rem 1100 I got when I was 12 years old (I'm now 53) that is in great shape...Poly Choke and all.

Do you think Daniel Boone's wife complained about him cleaning his musket in the house?:confused:
I don't think so...Mrs. Boone probably stood there with a smile on her face saying "that smells like meats heading for the table".
My Wife just drives down to the Grocery Store Meat Department. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.