Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Glock recomment CLP? There was some discussion in a previous thread about whether it is what Glock uses. No one could find any reference to it in any Glock publications. The question was asked in an Armorer's class and the instructor said Glock does not recommend any brand of cleaner or lube other than any products " advertised for use on firearms". However people might be led to believe CLP is recommended by Glock because a bottle of it is included in the Glock Armorer's Tool Kit!
OK?

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
CLP is about all I use and I have not had any problems with it

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
call glock and ask them what lube to use--they will say Breakfree CLP :)
It was in Glock's Training Center where the question was asked. The Director of Training was right there! :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
It was in Glock's Training Center where the question was asked. The Director of Training was right there! :confused:
Probably politics. Don't want to anger any of the companies so the head honchos take the high road, which is usually what happens in any business. Asking the guys that actually do the work will typically result in a different answer. :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i think the fact that breakfree is included in the glock armorer's tool kit speak for itself. ;)

(i've noticed each employee at glock seems to be on a different page when i've called them. i get a different answer to certain questions depending on who i talk to. however, the armorer's tool kit is packed by glock at the factory)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
(i've noticed each employee at glock seems to be on a different page when i've called them. i get a different answer to certain questions depending on who i talk to. however, the armorer's tool kit is packed by glock at the factory)
That is a fact, my friend!

·
Registered
419 Posts
i dont understand waht the big deal is. you dont need to use a certin kind of oil/cleaner. a gun is a gun and oil is oil. they both go hand in hand no matter what kind.

·
Registered
432 Posts
It has been my habit to use CLP Breakfree for so long I cant remember when I started. Are there other cleaners and lubricants that are just as good? Probably so, but CLP works for me.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It has been my habit to use CLP Breakfree for so long I cant remember when I started. Are there other cleaners and lubricants that are just as good? Probably so, but CLP works for me.
i've been reading that weaponsield clp is better than breakfree, but haven't tried it. i have a little tub of weaponshield grease that i bought for my 1911's and glock connectors. just put it on my connector for the first time tonight. seems nice. makes the pull smooth, and a little spreads a long way. liking the grease so far, and will try the clp version soon :)

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Glock doesn't recommend anything specifically, but it's my understanding that one of the Breakfree CLP versions is what Glock uses at their facility in Smyrna GA and company-wide in the US.
Refer to OP. Glock packs it in their Armorer Tool Kits!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I know! Newbs keep bringing it up and don't read OP! lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please humor another Newb's question.
I first used Breakfree (aerosol) when I bought my Kahr CW9 from a local FFL. He told me to clean the gun with it and lube it with it also. He said it worked great on Stainless Steel, prevented galling. Since then I've put away my Hoppe's #9 and used Breakfree on all my guns to clean and lube. After lubing and a slight wipe down, I stand the Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun barrel down overnight. I then wipe down any excess including the bore, (of course). I've read the Sticky on Lubing the Glock...showing very particular spots where lube is applied. I've also read that some use Breakfree.
Is the Breakfree applied to just those particular spots? Or applied everywhere for lube and corrosion protection?
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse subject...just trying to make sure I treat my new G26 so it will stay happy.
Yeah, when I got home from shooting the G26 for the first time, I cleaned and lubed it the way I described above. If I need to get some grease into the sweet spot, or dry the whole gun and lube it only in the Sticky Thread spots, please let me know.
As far as gun life, I intend to keep all my guns in excellent condition and pass them on to my Sons. I've got a 12 ga. Rem 1100 I got when I was 12 years old (I'm now 53) that is in great shape...Poly Choke and all.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Please humor another Newb's question.
I first used Breakfree (aerosol) when I bought my Kahr CW9 from a local FFL. He told me to clean the gun with it and lube it with it also. He said it worked great on Stainless Steel, prevented galling. Since then I've put away my Hoppe's #9 and used Breakfree on all my guns to clean and lube. After lubing and a slight wipe down, I stand the Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun barrel down overnight. I then wipe down any excess including the bore, (of course). I've read the Sticky on Lubing the Glock...showing very particular spots where lube is applied. I've also read that some use Breakfree.
Is the Breakfree applied to just those particular spots? Or applied everywhere for lube and corrosion protection?
I'm not trying to beat a dead horse subject...just trying to make sure I treat my new G26 so it will stay happy.
Yeah, when I got home from shooting the G26 for the first time, I cleaned and lubed it the way I described above. If I need to get some grease into the sweet spot, or dry the whole gun and lube it only in the Sticky Thread spots, please let me know.
As far as gun life, I intend to keep all my guns in excellent condition and pass them on to my Sons. I've got a 12 ga. Rem 1100 I got when I was 12 years old (I'm now 53) that is in great shape...Poly Choke and all.
you can use breakfree clp for both cleaning of the gun and bore, and also to lube all the friction points. the US military and NATO have been using it for decades for these purposes. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.