Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the range the other day . And before goin into the range , the range master has to check your pistol before goin in . And there was a few guys behind me that made a real sarcastic reply about my glock . Lol lol lol he had mentioned about it being a plastic toy pistol that should be filled with water insted of ammo and that i should go to the kiddy pool . So what i did besides gettin mad , i just turned around told the dude to "f"off and if he had something else 2 say lets take it outside & handle it . Obviously dude didn`t want to take it that far . Lol lol lol now do you guys/gals ever experienced this kinda childish shit with other people at the range on knocking on glock pistols ?

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i think you did the right thing. talking smack about someone else's' piece is very rude. i have no patience either for people like that lol

when i chat with someone at the range, i always compliment their gun to be nice--whether i like it or not :)

never had anyone do that to me. i like 1911's more than glocks too lol :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I don't get any of that where I go. Remember I'm in New Hampshire, everybody loves and has many guns! At the range there are folks shooting all kinds of weapons, from slugs to 22lr. Might have something to do with where you are, maybe they are more into how much they pay for it than how it works for them. I'm surprised the range master did not intervene for possible liability issues, and these guys are morons if they want to pick on someone in a gun range who is armed! I've seem people get kicked out of my range for stuff like that.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah people now a days are something else .the guy was real cocky just cause he had a more higher end pistol . wow a kimber . lol lol lol yeah it was pretty funny when i asked lets handle it outside and he had that stupid look on his face like "what did i do" look ! lol lol lol lol i didn`t want to argue or cause a real big scene or get into a big deal about comparing pistols . it just goes to show that people think they have big balls but , there are others with bigger 1`z !!!! lol lol lol its just funny how people can knock on these glocks . glocks are half the price or maybe even more from these other high end pistols . they work just as great and even better . & you don`t even have to worry about it getting dirty or scuffed up .

·
Registered
465 Posts
Yeah, getting shot by a $4k STI or a $150 Hi-Point of same caliber will feel the same on the receiving end. I personally purchased my Glock to carry as I feel it would be silly to spend thousands for a piece that will get scratched, tossed, left in the car, etc. I know it will work when I need it to work and that's what counts. And when it comes to 1911, Kimbers are good but not in the same league of STI, Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Wilson combat, and many others.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I would have just challenged him to a shooting contest inside. Winner take all. I have won a gun or two like that but mostly people just shut up real fast.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i would have just challenged him to a shooting contest inside. Winner take all. I have won a gun or two like that but mostly people just shut up real fast.
i would`ve , but i`m not a qualified nor a good enough shooter unlike you guys . You guys have years of skills . I just like too shoot , but i wouldn`t mind learning though ;). i can shoot but still gotta alot of learning indeed . maybe then i`ll be challenging later on down the road , "winner take all" like in billards to the next glock hater i run into:D

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Handwriting Gesture Font Rectangle Tableware
No, but I had a Glock guy give make a few comments about my S&W Sigma 40. He had no idea it was only stock on the outside. I guess he was trying to impress the hoochie that was with him. I smiled, shot a face in my target at 7 yards, retrieved it and asked him if his he can do this with his Glock or anything else he had in his bag. His hoochie started laughing at him and eventually he got so pissed, he left the range. Like my Dad always said, actions speak louder than words.

I do like the challenge for "pink slips" though, wish I'd have thought of it. I might have had a new G19.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
View attachment 610 no, but i had a glock guy give make a few comments about my s&w sigma 40. He had no idea it was only stock on the outside. I guess he was trying to impress the hoochie that was with him. I smiled, shot a face in my target at 7 yards, retrieved it and asked him if his he can do this with his glock or anything else he had in his bag. His hoochie started laughing at him and eventually he got so pissed, he left the range. Like my dad always said, actions speak louder than words.

I do like the challenge for "pink slips" though, wish i'd have thought of it. I might have had a new g19.
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea !!!! Ur killin me !!! Lol lol lol

·
Registered
178 Posts
I haven't received negative comments, but...

I was at the my outdoor range over the summer. Only two of us there at the time. About 10 lanes apart. I finish, put my G22 away, and go talk to the guy, 'cause he looks like great shot. He says " What Glock you shooting?" ???? Anyway, turns out the guy is really nice. We talk. Turns out he is Marshal. His day off, so he is spending it at the range...

On the negative side...was at a Cabela's on Thanksgiving weekend. There was this dude hanging around the used Glock display case. He would shut up. Kept repeating "I'd never buy a Glock..." Out loud...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
View attachment 610 No, but I had a Glock guy give make a few comments about my S&W Sigma 40. He had no idea it was only stock on the outside. I guess he was trying to impress the hoochie that was with him. I smiled, shot a face in my target at 7 yards, retrieved it and asked him if his he can do this with his Glock or anything else he had in his bag. His hoochie started laughing at him and eventually he got so pissed, he left the range. Like my Dad always said, actions speak louder than words.

I do like the challenge for "pink slips" though, wish I'd have thought of it. I might have had a new G19.
Pretty good shootin there partner

·
Registered
112 Posts
I guess people forget that and try to give their guns "soul" or some silly thing like that.

It's just a gun.

If someone wants to make a comment--I let them and stay quiet. It doesn't matter to me since I'm going to do my thing--which is to shoot fast and make tight groups at different distances while moving. If some guy is mouthing off about how bad Glocks are, and pulls out an NRA bullseye gun optimized for small groups at 50 feet, 25 and 50 yards, then we're operating with completely different objectives. If they're too stupid to figure out what I'm doing (training to shoot goblins), that's their problem.

RE: S&W Sigmas

They're thought to be low end guns. I guess the first production guns were not so reliable and the trigger was terrible. My only experience with them was firing a magazine through one and it was pretty rough. One guy had one at Suarez International's "Close Range Gunfighting" course. It would not feed a particular type of ammo (cannot remember which). Once he swapped rounds with another guy, the gun was fine.

I think the initial reputation of a firearm is very important. Once something has acquired a label, it's very difficult to remove (good or bad). For example, church choruses nationwide sing praises to Kimber. Yet, all I got out of my Kimber experience was an expensive headache. Seems like many other folks had similar issues. Given the lack of QC in my guns (and in various guns I've looked at recently), the good reputation is unjustified. Same goes for the Sigma...looks like they fixed its problems.

If it shoots, then use it. If it sucks, pawn it off and get something better.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
I think a firearm is a tool. Some guys like snap on I'm a mac guy. The importent thing is people buy and shoot the tools of their choice. I would guess most people that want to look down on anothers choice of brand would be young and think they know it all. I spent many hours of research before I decided on Glock and have fired none of my 1911s since and do not plan to.IMHO

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
I would have just challenged him to a shooting contest inside. Winner take all. I have won a gun or two like that but mostly people just shut up real fast.
That's the best comment of all...

Plus you have the skills to back it up!

good call! i've seen your targets on here--you may be as good a shot as me!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.