Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I ordered a Duracoat kit last night. I have a couple of Glock slides I'm thinking of spraying. On is a S/S LWD G34 slide. I prefer black and that's what the Duracoat will be. I'm wondering how well the DC will adhere to the S/S. (A lot of acronyms in this post)

The other is my lightened G17 slide. I only want to coat where the slide was milled and exposed the bare metal. That doesn't appear to pose any problems.

I will scotchbrite the S/S slide and I'm hoping it's enough.

Anyone ever do this?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I appreciate the warning. Thanks. With that said, I had spray painted the "swimming pool" at the rear of the G17 slide with simple spray paint. I gave it a few coats and waxed it. This morning, I filled the pool with solvent that is similar to Scrubber. I had to use scotch brite to remove the paint. I believe that Duracoat is harder and more durable than Krylon, etc. So, if the DC is as tough as the paint, I'm GTG.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
The only Dura-Coat I ever saw was on an AK & when my buddy sprayed it with gunscubber the paint ran off & left the rifle in the white..
Be carefull of what you use to clean the guns with afterwards..
Good Luck with the Paint Job Ted..

Great Looking Slides those two pistols have..
Gary
one of my friends is a master at applying duracote with a pain sprayer. he does the camo finishes fantastic. duracote looks nice, but i've noticed the "dura" in the name is somewhat of a misnomer. it's not as durable as you would think, and wears off surprisingly easily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.