Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine on another forum gave me permission to use his pic. It is his pic with his E-mail address on it not mine. I wanted to make that very clear so don't e-mail him thinking it is me.

Anyway, with some of the people here who are new to Glock and also some who may not be as new but still unsure about the differences I thought I would post up a picture showing some of the major differences of the generations.

However, don't just look at the front of the grip and say that a Glock is one generation. People do some odd things with heat guns and wood burning tools. IE remove finger grips, make grips more narrow, roughen up the grip and so on. Be sure to look at the sides, accessory rail or lack there of and so on. Anyway, here it is for anyone needing reference.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
While the 4th gen is not depected in the photos it is easy to recognize as it is labeled 4th gen on the left hand side of the slide.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Also, the RTF2 which could be called the Gen3.5 (top) and the Gen4 (bottom).

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Boomer, I don't know what I was thinking. I absolutely forgot the RTF models. But you left one out also, the RTF with the regular serrations in the read of the slide. Isn't one the RTF and the other the RTF2? Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thought I would throw in an extra photo of my Gen 4..And anyone who knows how big of a pain it is for me to break down my gun, hope you enjoy it.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Boomer, I don't know what I was thinking. I absolutely forgot the RTF models. But you left one out also, the RTF with the regular serrations in the read of the slide. Isn't one the RTF and the other the RTF2? Thanks
Nearest I could find while doing the work for my Glock Model History Project and what I know as matter of fact is that the RTF2 was only produced on the Gen3 frame. The gill serrations were produced on the .40 and 9mm slides. There is also a 21SF RTF2 and thats the only model of RTF2 that I have seen or known or found that has straight serrations for production run guns. Although, I have seen only one, 22 RTF2 with straight serrations.

The Gen4 guns are referred to as RTF, which is a completely different looking and feeling pattern of ruff texture and their slides have straight serrations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.