Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah. Think I've narrowed it down to either the Rugar LCP or S&WBG (although don't know if it's necessary to have a laser sight on a carry weapon, but do like the S$W quality).

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Yah. Think I've narrowed it down to either the Rugar LCP or S&WBG (although don't know if it's necessary to have a laser sight on a carry weapon, but do like the S$W quality).
I think either of those choices are fine. As far as lasers ... matter of opinion really. I like lasers but don't currently own one. I have in the past. Usually lasers are better for pistols with poor sights ... such as the LCP. Now, I can actually shoot my LCP pretty well without lasers so don't feel the extra overhead they add to the tiny gun is worth it. I like the LCP because it's tiny and can drop in a pocket easily. Once you start adding doo-dads the benefit is lost.

Personally, I would pass on the laser if you get a LCP. The BG is internal I think so I don't guess passing is an option. The LCP is more proven as of late but the BG gets good reviews.

I am anxiously waiting for the release of the LC9.

·
Registered
322 Posts
VolGrad and I actually agree on this one! I have the LCP, and it is GREAT for carry. As far as accuracy...it's really good for what it is. Anytime you have that small of a gun, it's going to be less accurate than a standard sized one. The ONLY thing I don't like about my LCP is that the slide doesn't remain back on empty. Other than that its a good little gun. I don't have the laser on mine, didn't personally see the need. It's really a close encounter gun to me. It has a long trigger pull...which is it's only safety really. If I had it to do all over again (after shooting other pocket pistols)...I'd buy the LCP again!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VolGrad and I actually agree on this one! I have the LCP, and it is GREAT for carry. As far as accuracy...it's really good for what it is. Anytime you have that small of a gun, it's going to be less accurate than a standard sized one. The ONLY thing I don't like about my LCP is that the slide doesn't remain back on empty. Other than that its a good little gun. I don't have the laser on mine, didn't personally see the need. It's really a close encounter gun to me. It has a long trigger pull...which is it's only safety really. If I had it to do all over again (after shooting other pocket pistols)...I'd buy the LCP again!
that's what I wanted to hear. is it reliable?
I don't think I would like the external safely on the S&W anyhow. kinda wanted to go with S&W's reliable name, but can save $100 or so with the LCP. everyone seems happy with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.