Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped the rear sights on my 26 and 34 a week or so ago from plain black "combat" rears to the plain black serrated rears that come all the way to the end of the slide (both from Ameriglo). Each pistol has Ameriglo .125 wide front night sights.

I installed them and centered as best I could. With both pistols, I fired a group at 10 yards and a group 15 yards. I adjusted both just a fuss to the right and shot again getting good groups in the center of the target at each distance. I then shot some steel plates at 11 yards and was pleased with each.

I very much like this combination of sight.

The 26 will be a go for Amateur Subcompact this weekend's GSSF match

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I have to get me some of those.

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
I swapped the rear sights on my 26 and 34 a week or so ago from plain black "combat" rears to the plain black serrated rears that come all the way to the end of the slide (both from Ameriglo). Each pistol has Ameriglo .125 wide front night sights.
So, you have a narrower front sight and a wider rear sight that is farther back on the slide. That gives you good vision on either side of the front sight when you are looking through the rear sight. Does that help?

How do you line up the sights with no rear dots? Make sure the side gap on the front sight is the same on each side and then line the tops of the front sight up with the top of the rear sight?

I installed them and centered as best I could. With both pistols, I fired a group at 10 yards and a group 15 yards. I adjusted both just a fuss to the right and shot again getting good groups in the center of the target at each distance. I then shot some steel plates at 11 yards and was pleased with each.
Sounds like you're ready to go!

The 26 will be a go for Amateur Subcompact this weekend's GSSF match
Good luck to you guys at the match!

Let us know how it turns out!

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, you have a narrower front sight and a wider rear sight that is farther back on the slide. That gives you good vision on either side of the front sight when you are looking through the rear sight. Does that help?

How do you line up the sights with no rear dots? Make sure the side gap on the front sight is the same on each side and then line the tops of the front sight up with the top of the rear sight?

Sounds like you're ready to go!

Good luck to you guys at the match!

Let us know how it turns out!
Yes. It allows me to see the front sight much more clearly and to pick up the front sight faster.

The rear notch on these is .180, but I have some with a .200 rear notch. I prefer the .180s and will stick with them along with the .125 from now on out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.