Glock Pro Forums banner

Would you customize the "Look" of your GLOCK?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been thinking about customizing the "look" of my G34. This is 100% a competition firearm for me. I will never carry this firearm for personal protection, nor use it in that roll at home. I also will not sell this firearm so I am not worried about it losing, or gaining value based on what I choose to do to the look of the firearm.

One of the things I am wanting to do to it is to get the slide Teflon Moly Coated. Here is an example of what I am wanting to do, which of course would have to be modified since I am wanting it on a G34 with the cut-out slide.

Glock-Custom-Flame-Moly-Coating-300.jpg

Per the suggestion of Volgrad, I have been in contact with Spartan Armory which is a local guy to me. We have worked out a deal and all I need now is to sneak the cash so I don't get in trouble with the wife. Roughly 2 week turn-around time which is no big issue since baseball/football season has started back up with my son so I don't have any spare time right now to shoot anyway.

Thoughts?

http://spartan-armory.com/

·
Registered
157 Posts
for strictly competition, and never going to sell it.... why not?

its yours, do as you please. :)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I've got a couple that are worse than a girl playing dress up with a Barbie doll. It's mine and those are not going anywhere so why not. Doesn't hurt anything so long as you know what your doing.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be sending it to "the man" to get the work done. I've seen some of yours, and they look good, I just don't have the time or patience to do them right.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have many other options. It just reminds me of like an old Hot Rod or something.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I voted could care less...its a competition gun only, but that being said unless you had every functional upgrade done to it, I wouldn't drop coin to make it look cool.... If its set up to your liking, then go for it! If it were me I would probably save and buy another gun :)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Generally speaking, I don't have to try too hard to round of the cash to buy new guns. This is also about 25% the cost of what buying a plain jane GLOCK would be.

I also plan on buying another G17, and then sending the frame off to have the grip chopped down to G19 size. I'm not going to do that to my current G17 as I want one factory and one fixed the way I like it. It really boils down to priorities, which is why I haven't done the flames YET! LOL

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Personal taste is just that... personal. Life is short, do what makes YOU happy.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I'll play. I actually had planned on doing the flames on my IDPA gun myself (as you already know) but balked when I heard the price. I really thought it would be just a simple add on rather than complete re-finish. I think it would be cool but in the end not worth the $ to me. If the price was half what I was quoted it would be in his hands already.

Now, if you are planning to do the grip chop on the 17 get with me first. I highly recommend Boresight Solutions (who did the one I have ... and my 19 stipple job). You can check it out again before committing AND I might even be able to hook you up on a 17 with a little sweat talk. I recently picked another up and really don't "need" it. We can talk about it when you are ready.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We need to talk then, but I always sweet talk you. :)

lol

·
Super Moderator
6,946 Posts
Get a room... ;)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's my plan though. Have them all paying attention to my slide so they don't see me standing on my bucket to fix my low left shooting. :)

·
Registered
594 Posts
For a competition gun, why not. I'm interested to see it when it's done.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Man, I know you will get a lot of opinions on this one!! The bottom line is, it's yours and you can do what ever you like with it.
Looks awesome to me!

·
Registered
201 Posts
It is your gun do what you want. I would not do it to a carry gun, but for a range/competition gun I would consider it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts