Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got finished building a Glock 19. Everything works as it should. But when I go to put the slide back on. I have to pull the slide stop lever down. to get slide to go back on. Everything works but never had a Glock that you have to use slide stop lever to get slide all the way back on. It does have a Combat Arms match grade threaded barrel. All the upper parts and lower parts are OEM. Could it be the barrel? I have never used this brand and not sure if it is the problem?

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
When assembling the barrel lug does push the slide lock lever down as it passes over. Sounds like yours is hitting in a way that the angle of the lug isn’t getting right leverage on the lever to force it down.

Also be sure the slide lock lever isn’t in backwards. The ledge should be facing towards the shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When assembling the barrel lug does push the slide lock lever down as it passes over. Sounds like yours is hitting in a way that the angle of the lug isn't getting right leverage on the lever to force it down.

Also be sure the slide lock lever isn't in backwards. The ledge should be facing towards the shooter.

Slide lock is in the right way. I did read that some aftermarket barrels need some minor fitting to clear the lock. Guess I will just live with it I really do not want to do any grinding on the barrel lug. Once it's in it locks up tight and slide releases freely.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Barrels that need some fitting are normally designated as “semi-fit” or “fitted” and have the barrel hood left intentionally long. The hood is the only part that needs to be fitted.

So I would think the lug issue you are having is either out of spec or tolerance stacking (the barrel is on one end of acceptable tolerances and the frame is on the other end - each one is just within spec but add them together and they fall out.

I would call the barrel mfg and describe the issue. They’ll likely swap out the barrel for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Barrels that need some fitting are normally designated as "semi-fit" or "fitted" and have the barrel hood left intentionally long. The hood is the only part that needs to be fitted.

So I would think the lug issue you are having is either out of spec or tolerance stacking (the barrel is on one end of acceptable tolerances and the frame is on the other end - each one is just within spec but add them together and they fall out.

I would call the barrel mfg and describe the issue. They'll likely swap out the barrel for you.

Thank You. I did call them today. They are sending me a new barrel free of charge. I for sure did not want to be grinding on the other barrel. They even apologized to me for it not fitting right. Will be shopping with them again based on how they treated me.

·
Registered
6,198 Posts
There is also the possibility of the barrel seating itself correctly after some "break in" time at the range.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Always glad to hear when a company treats it's customers properly.

Thanks for the follow up info.

Gaz

1 - 10 of 10 Posts