1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
obscenely expensive, low diameter expansion, no more penetration or effectiveness than most good quality jhp's (HST, Ranger) that are less than half the price. they also tumble when they hit.

pass. lol :)

(corbon ammo has blown up two guns at my range from being overcharged. their QC is in the crapper. wolff has blown up a gun at my range too, but that's for another thread lol)

federal HST:

Ranger T-series:

corbon DPX:

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
I would urge you to look at something else as well. I am currently using Hornady's critical defense ammo for carry. I have seen some good testing on it. You can usually get onto youtube and look at some independent "testing". I know, I know some of it is just stupid but there are a few actual tests on there. That are very nicely done.

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
Agreed and agreed. Look into HSTs, Speed Gold Dots, or Winchester Rangers. I currently carry Gold Dots in my 45 GAP, HSTs in my 45 ACPs and Ranger +p+ in my 9mms.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I have read a lot of folks that carry them. I too suggest there are other great rounds out there and much more affordable.

My choices, in pretty much any order ....

Speer Gold Dot
Winchester Ranger
Federal HST
Remington Golden Saber

I'm happy with any of these. Also, when you look for quality carry ammo ... shop online. You can generally purchase 50rd boxes online cheaper than 20rd boxes @ retail. If you purchase more than a box or two you make out better even after paying shipping.

Here's where I buy most of my carry ammo ...
http://www.sgammo.com/

·
Registered
51 Posts
i dont have any of the dpx ammo, but i do have some of the pow'r balls, and im not sure id ever really wanna shoot them because they are too light and too fast. the box has them listed at 1475fps. that and them being 100gr makes me a tad sketch. im gonna recommend the speer gold dots as well, but the 124gr +p's are hard to find in my area.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
PM sent

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
that federal +p+ has me intrigued...gonna stop by 2 local shops to see if they have any speer in stock, if not i will grab a box of the federal to tide me over until the gun show next weekend
i just ordered some from ammunitiontogo.com they have pretty much all HST and +P+ Ranger in stock for 9mm. they even have the federal tactical bonded +P 135gr 9mm that's almost impossible to find. cheaper than buying boxes of 20 jhp's locally too. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.